Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP SID Make a Civ Massive Multiplayer Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Anyways... will wright's Spore should provide lots of lessons for the WorldCiv
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
      -Anyways... will wright's Spore should provide lots of lessons for the WorldCiv
      True. But I doubt all will accept a civ game in that direction. Interesting ideas you come with though DC.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

the deathmatch style is cool and all, but wouldn't be accepted as a different game, that people would pay a subscirption for

it wouldn't be an MMO

it would be a cool expansion to Civ though.. or as a part of Civ5 or something

the continuation idea you pointed out the problems with, and I think B- is being generous

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

honestly I am a bit disappointed that no one comments on my idea, after I put all the effort into writing it down nice..

ah well..

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Dear Jon, I'm getting around to that...
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Okay- here's the comments-

Jon, it just seems to distort civ too much.

It seems like a hybrid of Seven Kingdoms and Starcraft- it would work- yes, but it doesn't have much at all to do with civilization. Maybe come building on that concept though might work.

If the cities look like they do in Civ IV... then perhaps the game can focus on a more 'feudal style' where everyone represents a city or collection of cities in a civilization. This would allow several people to be the Germans, for example, and to be able to defend each other when some people log off.

Each city could then settle new cities, and the lord's realm can expand- as can the realm of his nation.

How about that?
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

true.. as I said my idea was more MOMish (which is a descendent of the original Civ.. like SMAC is a descendent of Civ2)

the idea of several people working together works... but not for the antisocial people who don't form clans well

but maybe I am not understanding you?

what if only one person is let say Monaco... what happens when s/he logs off?

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  honestly I am a bit disappointed that no one comments on my idea, after I put all the effort into writing it down nice..
                  None commented my long post, too.
                  I suppose it's so full of english errors that anyone gave up after few lines...
                  "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                  - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Actually, to quote JM, in reference to his long post:

TLDR
                    -Darkstar
                    (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

Another thing that really needs to be implemented is a way to play only casually. How many persons would have liked their MUD or PBEM game to slow a bit during exam time?

Just like WoW which brought a few things so that someone could play without investing all his free time in it (unlike EverQuest). Not that it changes so much to most but...
                      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

I haven't the time to read through it all to see if this has been mentioned, but if building a wonder in MP makes the teammates gain all the benefits you get from it then the industriuos trait needs a bit of re-balancing especially for MP. Like building wonders 35% faster or something like that.

Comment

the idea of several people working together works... but not for the antisocial people who don't form clans well

but maybe I am not understanding you?

what if only one person is let say Monaco... what happens when s/he logs off?
                          Well, I would hope that the sides are balanced and when one person logs off, and another logs on, they can rule another part of their empire while the old part is swallowed up into "untouchable" territory. Therefore the one person playing monaco would be untouchable when not active.

haven't the time to read through it all to see if this has been mentioned, but if building a wonder in MP makes the teammates gain all the benefits you get from it then the industriuos trait needs a bit of re-balancing especially for MP. Like building wonders 35% faster or something like that
                          Sounds like an interesting point. And yes, all teammates should gain points.

-
                          as for not wanting to work with a team- well, you don't have to pay attention to your teammates- you can develop your part of the civ however you like. But one other solution could be that you could perhaps have several game options:

TEAM MP (where inactive cities are run by the computer when people logoff???)
                          SINGLE-PLAYER MP (where the persistent world just has new civs pop in and out when people log in/ off- and the terrain shifts, sort of like I suggested earlier in my continuous world suggestion)

Personally, I think the Team MP thing would work a lot better- it reminds me a lot of Total Annihilation's space-war map.
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                          X