Lincoln vs. FDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln vs. FDR?

I don't remeber if that's who they kept as the leaders or not, but the question isn't exactly about which leader is better, but more can 2 civs face off with their different leaders.

Can I play a game where I play against the Lincoln Americans and the FDR Americans?

I think this could add playable civs to the game, it would be like they were shipping with 24 instead of 18.
    GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

nice thought, dont see why it cant be mod'd
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I would be irritated if they don't allow clone sides with different colours in multiplayer. If we have the situation of some civ traits being best then clone factions would prevent unbalanced games.

Comment

Re: Lincoln vs. FDR?

Originally posted by Wise Ass
        Can I play a game where I play against the Lincoln Americans and the FDR Americans?
        are we talking basically the same civ, but with different leader heads? or are we talking about different unique units, civ traits (FDR and Lincoln didn't share all of the same domestic policies), etc?

Comment

Well I don't know about UU but I would like their different civ traits. The UU would depend on if the two have a different UU.
          GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

oops, it is apparently Washington and FDR, but the same question holds.
            GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

If two splinters of the same civ can't be had in the game, perhaps there will be (at least in an expansion) potential for civil/revolutionary wars.

Comment

Bring back that Civil War when u take over capitol... "Sir, DC is sacked and americans are in turmoil! Wahsington starts a revolutionary war agst the evil FDR's imperialistic regime!!11!!!!" LOL
                :-p

Comment

But then there could only be one splinter per civ I guess, since there is no more than max two leaders per civ.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Why?

A game with 4 same civs, all with the same leader should be possible too...
                    no sig

Comment

Why? That would only lead to confusion.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I think it's silly that the player can't pick the color his Civ is going to use. Do the Russians always have to be white? Do the Germans always have to be blue? No!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                          Why? That would only lead to confusion.
                          In single player, fair enough, but in multiplayer its the only way to be fair.

Comment

Ever heard of disabling features in the setup screen? Aside from that, with 24(?) leaders, I'm sure there will be more than one good civ, depending on your playing style and the trait combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                              I think it's silly that the player can't pick the color his Civ is going to use. Do the Russians always have to be white? Do the Germans always have to be blue? No!
                              I agree, there should either be a randomizer or at least a way to pick the colors manually when starting a new game...
                              I could understand why this option wasn't there in Civ1 and Civ2, but that the option isn't there in Civ3 is unforgiveable, and if it's not in Civ4 it just makes it worse

Speaking of player-colors, why is it that for all RTS games the player always plays as red in the campaigns? With a few exceptions where the forced color is blue...
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X