RTCiv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTCiv

Looks like with the modability of the Civ IV there is a chance that may be real time game mods are possible. So I would like to discuss what Civ in real time or RTCiv could look like.

What I do not RTCiv to become is RON, which is more or less typically RTS game. What I want to come up is civ type of gameplay but in real time. Do you think it is possible? What do you think can be done better in RTCiv that can not be done in TBS? What ideas do you have? Should we start collecting ideas for potential mod?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

Doesn't sound like a good idea.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Vade retro satana!

Comment

Very bad idea. It would have to be on the scale of 5 cities at most, otherwise its a clickfest.

To be quite honest, I'm worried enough about simultaneous turns.

Comment

modding in RT combat sounds crazy, that doesn't seem like it would be easy, or small. why mix genres anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
            Very bad idea. It would have to be on the scale of 5 cities at most, otherwise its a clickfest.

To be quite honest, I'm worried enough about simultaneous turns.

Bad idea indeed. To me, at least.

I don't want to play by reflex! I like to take my time, eat a sandwich, get a smoke, come back and see... Why I would like to ruin all the fun?
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

[SIZE=1] Why mix genres anyways?
              To have something new. Why most RTS now have elements of RPG? Why can't Civ game have RT component?

As I see, I am in minority, but I do want to see the civ type game in RT, because our life IS in RT! There are excellent RT city building games. Why can't we have good Civ building game?

EU is in RT, do you think it is a bad game? Is it a click fest?

The combat can be slow and expensive, thus it will happen rare and will not be a click fest.

I also think that the problem of large number of cites can be avoided - just put governor or have a way to unite several cities into a region and work with the regions, not individual cites.

I understand that if you directly copy the civ mechanics into RT, that would suck, but this is why I have this topic. What do you think has to be changed in order to have enjoyable game in RT?
              The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
              certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
              -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

A gamespeed that is adaptable on the fly, as well as a liberal use of the pause option.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Good idea, MxM. Something like Paradox games (Europa Universalis, Victoria...) would be perfect.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I love Civ. I love RTS. But RTCiv would suck.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'll keep an open mind, but I can't think of anything to aid your development.
                      GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

As I see, I am in minority, but I do want to see the civ type game in RT, because our life IS in RT! There are excellent RT city building games. Why can't we have good Civ building game?
                        good point,but life happans at a slow enough speed that strategy can be created and its not a clickfest(or for some people it is anyhow)

its just when you can build to the modern age in 30 minutes something is wacked with the speed.

Something like Paradox games (Europa Universalis, Victoria...) would be perfect.
                        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

MxM was only putting an idea for a mod forth.

If you don't like it, ignore the mod. Constant "no way should civ be RTS" posts seem to do nothing but clutter this thread.

He didn't ask if anyone thinks civ4 should be RTS, just wanted to talk to those interested in such a mod.

sheesh.
                          While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

make a post and they will come (good & bad replies)

with all the members here, there is bound to be some macthes in ideas
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887

good point,but life happans at a slow enough speed that strategy can be created and its not a clickfest(or for some people it is anyhow)
                              itd be nice if u had all the time u needed to review ur strategy in football and in frontlines.
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X