Civ4 Scaled Screenshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4 Scaled Screenshot

There's a lot of debate over the graphics over at CivFanatics.com, thought I would shed some relief on what the XML modding capabilities can/might do.

So here is the screenshot:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FrostyBoy; September 10, 2005, 05:09.
    be free

Wow, that is definitely interesting.

Comment

that's not a bad look, and can certainly be improved upon by fan artists to look even better. I wonder about the lack of roads appearing in that shot though, is road rash gone?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
        that's not a bad look, and can certainly be improved upon by fan artists to look even better. I wonder about the lack of roads appearing in that shot though, is road rash gone?

no, I'm at work, so I can't spend too much time making it perfect.
        be free

Comment

oh btw, if the tiles can be shrunk (I mean the actual working tiles, not the graphic tiles), then that screen alone could contain approx 100 tiles.

Thus making the world map much much larger.
          be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
            oh btw, if the tiles can be shrunk (I mean the actual working tiles, not the graphic tiles), then that screen alone could contain approx 100 tiles.

Thus making the world map much much larger.
            I disagree. IMHO the city spreads over just one tile, so this screen only contains about 9 tiles.
            M. le Comte

Comment

Originally posted by M. le Comte

I disagree. IMHO the city spreads over just one tile, so this screen only contains about 9 tiles.

oh btw, if the tiles can be shrunk

Read carefully.
              be free

Comment

oh btw, if the tiles can be shrunk

Read carefully.

What d'you mean by working tile, sire Sn00py ?
                M. le Comte

Comment

Sn00py, did you make this screenshot?
                  Is this a result of using a prog like photoshop? Or is this done using the modding facilities of cIV?
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Do you wish to insinuate, that your work is something different from improving Civ graphics?

No way we can permit this, get back to your REAL work NOW!

Comment

Who the hell hides behind this stupid nickname Sn00py ?

Lord Darth Vader ?

Lord Voldemort ?

Lord Sid Meier ?
                      M. le Comte

Comment

Sn00py, that's a very good way to spend your time break instead of wasting it drinking coffee...

Really nice graphic, adding a few roads will make it perfect, still... I'd like to see around the town a couple of units, just to see how they can scale and compare, too.
                        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Who the hell hides behind this stupid nickname Sn00py ?

Lord Darth Vader ?

Lord Voldemort ?

Lord Sid Meier ?
                          Linus? Charlie Brown? Lucy? Woodstock? A relative of Mr. Charles M. Schulz himself?

Who cares? Let him paint beautiful mod and keep his secret.
                          "The Masqueraded Painter strike again!" read all story inside, page 2.
                          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Good Screeny! Now if only we'd see some normal sized units ( and yes, I know that the size ratio remained largely the same from previous games, but the previous games wheren't fully 3d.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

What d'you mean by working tile, sire Sn00py ?
                              The grid tile, sorry, at the time, 'grid' was forgotten from my mind.

be free

Comment

Working...
                              X