Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquest by democracy or rev rev revolution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest by democracy or rev rev revolution!

In these cases cities with a significant minority should reform as their original civ. We see examples of the democracy deal after WW1 when Austria Hungary broke up...and when Poland reformed? Not sure bout this.

The revolution bit...just look at the soviet union...bits and pieces and little countries everywhere.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

you need to speak further on this subject for me to understand what you're talking about, something about minorities and culture flipping and i think my mind is about to shut down from lack of sleep....

Comment

Lancer wants culture flipping back.

Kill him!

Comment

Lancer, what you want has been in Paradox's games for years. But while their games are superb, Civ will never become like that, so I doubt you'll get anything like it. For one, we'd need some 200 civs...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I don't think we would ever get it as finely tuned as you have it in the various Paradox Games (EU I & II, HoI I & II), but that doesn't mean that there isn't room for a limited system of what Lancer is asking for.
          For instance, lets say you have room enough for 32 nations, but are only playing with 16. This means that there is an opportunity for secessionism to fill any gaps. Of course, civil wars would only occur with overly large and/or poorly managed nations.
          By the same token, though, there should be the option of 'absorbing' smaller nations and barbarian cities into your nation-by diplomacy or war. Under such circumstances, though, there should be the chance that such absorbed nations reasserting their independance at a later date. I think it would work very well !

Yours,
          Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

You might vey well be right, but any chance to get it before Civ5 would be based on the possibilities to do this with Python, or by getting a revolutioning XP(very doubtful to say it least). I'd love it though, it's time for Civ to expand!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

If you start with 16 civs, and country x conquers country y, then country z comes along and is a democracy and conquers country x, then country y should re-emerge, like France after WW2. After some time country x should also re-emerge, like Germany after WW2.

This was a victory of one government type over another. A war in which fascism tried to overcome democracy and control the world. This war of the government systems isn't represented in Civ, sadly. War of government types also occured in the French revolution, and resulted in the the Napoleonic wars. I don't suggest that a nation conquered by a fascist country should re-emerge. There should be problems for the fascists though, as in Yugoslavia. Also, conquered cities should not start producing citizens of the conquerer, at least not right away, and never exclusively. There will always be those who remember their origins, and bring others to thier pov. (Mel Gibson)

Also, the cold war was of government types, and only ended when democracy won...in a way, and kinda, considering what Russia has now.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

just curious

as there been an instance of an AI flipping to an AI ?
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Good question.. I would think so, but I've never really noticed/thought about it.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                  X