No announcement yet.

Tech Tree Map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care for mods right now. I want to play the game as it was made. If we have to play with mods right away that means Firaxis did not do it's job when making Civ IV and the game is not that good that we have to make mods right away.

Comment

People here will make mods and complain about the game, and this has nothing to do with the game being a good game or not. That's the Apolyton truth.
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Yolky
        I want to play the game as it was made. If we have to play with mods right away that means Firaxis did not do it's job when making Civ IV and the game is not that good that we have to make mods right away.
        You have a point. I'm very careful about installing a rules mod, because you end with a different game, losing the opportunity to share opinion and tactics with the main group of players.

Instead, I have no problem to install terrain mod, as I used at least a couple (made by Sn00py and Warpstorm, IIRC) with Civ III Conquest. A terrain mod doesn't alter the gameplay, so it's a safe choice.

I'm ready to change my mind with Civ IV, where it seems really easy to rollback to original setup if the rules mod doesn't fit your taste, and where I suppose will be unavoidable to split the community into different Civ IV "branches" (one for every succesful mod).

That said, the game must be playable out of the box if not for very minor last minute balancing tuning I can accept to do after install.
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
        X