No announcement yet.

tech tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently German computer magazine "PC Games" has a reportage on DVD about Civ4 (from which I borrowed those 2 screenshots).

While on the 1st one, you can hardly read anything specific (you can count the total number of techs however), #2 is much more detailed and gives you a clue about the tech interaction in the mid-game (there is a continous zoom from #1 to #2).

I added 1 more: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=307635

It shows details about "philosophy".

"I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law." --- Aristotle

Enables: pacifism (a civic trait I suppose)
    First to discover founds: T????????? (could it be Taoism ?)
    Leads to: nationalism, liberalism
    Allows: ???? (can anyone identify this building ? Taoist cathedral ?)
    Last edited by MeaCulpa; September 5, 2005, 15:10.

Comment

Great use of low technology way, to mark relations between discoveries...

Of course the snapshot has been taken at Firaxis before they discovered flow chart software and computer.
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

It reminds me of that comercial for the visa business card, they had a bunch of strings connecting different things and they called it the matrix.

"The matrix isn't perfect..."
        GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
          Sailing and (or?) Iron Working leading to the invention of the Compass very early in the tree.
          O.K.

But magnetism not getting detected before the invention of electricity (and/or biology) much later within the tree????
          You don't need magnetism for compass. Just like you don't need chemistry to get gunpowder.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
          X