Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordShiva
    eastern religions don't have holy cities.
    not that i disagree with the general idea of your post, but, from a certain point of view, hinduism actually fits the model more closely than the western religions.

hinduism considers all of bharat to be sacred. rivers, stones, villages, mountains et al. it's not as localised as the holy city concept, but the territory itself is actually considered to be 'holy.'

on the other hand, western religions may look upon certain sites as having special significance, but i would typify them as historic/cultural centres of religious activity rather than as places which are sacred in-and-of-themselves.

buddhism has bodghaya. although, you're right, it's not exactly a 'sacred site.'

as for taoism, yes, now that i think of it, it makes me laugh just to think of taoism having a "holy city."
    I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
      Isn't Lhasa considered such for a certain religion?
      no. no. no. no. no!

the communist party of china is not a religion!
      I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
          I found this on Firaxis' home page, under "Ask Sid". I don't think this has been linked to yet:

*snip*
          Sid: Hello Orie! Yes, the default is Paganism, which means there is no organized religion.
          *snip*
          So, it sounds like local/regional pantheons, like ancient Greek or Norse religion, is indirectly in the game after all through paganism. Though you won't be able to choose these religions specifically, I'm sure a few people will come out with mods or scenarios that do.
          "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

anyone listen to the interview with producer Jesse Smith about some of the aspects of religon ?

not to mention what he said about a great artist !
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
            X