Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would a Civilization game wonder do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would a Civilization game wonder do?

Suppose that by Civ VIII, the last release before I croak if I get my three score and ten, every other person in America plays Civ, a reasonable assumption imo. Unreasonable you say? Consider that Civ IV is going to be wildly successful! This will set the stage for a fantastic increase in the fan base culminating in 150 million people playing or having played Civ by April 3, 2028, the day of my demise. If so, the game will have an incredible effect of the very fabric of American culture. People like Britney Spears will be working in McD's flipping burgers and doing the manager while hoping for a raise, where she belongs.

Wisdom and knowledge will return once more to our land.

So, a culture and science boost increasing in strength every 5 years?

Of course, there will still be an ever decreasing group out there still multiplaying playing Civ II, stuck in their rut and crying against progress, the Quakers of the future modern era.

Discuss.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Building the Sid Meier's Civilization wonder would cut all productivity in your nation by 80%.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

IMHO a Civ VIII-Wonder would mean a 90% increase in happiness of the entire civilization,
      but at the same time, as the game will be extremly addictive, production, commerce and science would drop by 90%, as people prefer playing Civ VIII instead of going to such things like work/university/school.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Oh, aside from the effects mentioned in my previous posting, the wonder would also give you a one-time amount of gold upon building.
        This reflects, that Firaxis would make enormous amounts of money because everyone within the country buys a copy of Civ VIII [and of course, as a result, has to pay an enormous amount of taxes to your government ].
        But there would be no more money to be gainred from this wonder, as the population wouldn´t have enough money to buy any expansion packs made by firaxis. They just work enough to barely survive.
        But there wouldn´t be any expansion pack anyway. The programmers of firaxis were the first people who got addicted to the game, so they won´t have any time to program new expansions for the game
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
          IMHO a Civ VIII-Wonder would mean a 90% increase in happiness of the entire civilization,
          but at the same time, as the game will be extremly addictive, production, commerce and science would drop by 90%, as people prefer playing Civ VIII instead of going to such things like work/university/school.
          It will also have the effect of decreasing production a similar amount in all other nations that have discovered the 'computers' technology.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

lol, Lancer, I can see your raising your post count efficiently lately. If only I were so creative sometimes.

The Civilization wonder should never be done, cuz it wasnt in Civ 2.

Someone had to say it.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

How does Lancer know when he is going to die?
              Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
              The continuing saga of The Five Nations
              A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

i'm betting either fortune teller, or suicide pact.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Wasn't a comet scheduled to pass Earth by then?
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

a small wonder beeing the patch

decrease in happiness, a couples items removed from your palace
                    decrease in science,

unitl you build the Apolyton Guild, and everthing is right in the world
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

What woul 'Poly Wonder do, then?
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Probably start an OTF civil war.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

It creates Mingapulco.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Which eventually wipes out the OT and sends everyone to the Civ Fanatics forum...

1889, it's the bible dufus, three score and ten... Which means that with a Civ game every 5 years, I'll live to see Civ VIII.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              Which eventually wipes out the OT and sends everyone to the Civ Fanatics forum...
                              Tell me again why that is bad?

Originally posted by Lancer
                              1889, it's the bible dufus, three score and ten... Which means that with a Civ game every 5 years, I'll live to see Civ VIII.
                              So you have (just) to miss out on CIX.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                              X