Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oww, please set my people free mighty Sovereign!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oww, please set my people free mighty Sovereign!

(and restore me as thy true and only ruler! )

Aye, would'nt be cute for MP games to be able to actually set free a number of cities (perhaps a former nation conquered by some evil player) and deliver the recently free state goverment to the player that it is in "exile" or why not, another ruler! (that player would be selected by the Libertador). With this a large empires will be have the tool to free regions, or even have vassals and thus, make their empires more managable and less corrupt (or healthy ) and give the chance to restart a player that had some bad luck. Also, this would give a whole new dimension to politics.

Oww so cute!

Oww, when Paradox is gonna make a CIV like game!
    Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Sounds interesting, but I'd never give away part of my large empire to someone who's been eliminated (or to anyone, for that matter).
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

On the same line, if a city rebels, it doesn't have to go to a rival civ, it can revert to it's old civ, or declare itself independant.
      Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Atkinson
        On the same line, if a city rebels, it doesn't have to go to a rival civ, it can revert to it's old civ, or declare itself independant.
        I'm all for reverting to old civ, while declare itself independent could be a trouble for current game rules.

A kind of relation of dependency between state can be useful, as it was in SMAC. but I dubt Firaxis implemented in Civ IV.
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

A simpler version(since Civ is a less complex game) of the system of CK or EU2 could perhaps be a good idea?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Interesting.
            The stupid shall be punished.
            www.akulla3D.com
            ^^^
            "Never interupt your enemy while he is making a mistake." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

yeah, when i played smac i really liked how you could turn people into client states. it could be a good solution to corruption problems.
              By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Corruption is out in Civ4.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

But health is in...
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

so does that mean cities far from the capital are just going to be unhealthy?

thats going to be . . . . strange. . .
                    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I believe this option would be perfect to help you create a nice little 'client state'. 'I helped you by liberating you from your evil oppressor, so now you can help me by giving me unlimited access to your oil-at bargain basement prices'. So you effectively get all the benefits of controlling those cities yourself, but without the maintainance costs. Doing this and other 'selfless' acts should be the major determinants of who wins the diplomatic victory-not some lame UN vote .

Yours,
                      Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo
                        so does that mean cities far from the capital are just going to be unhealthy?
                        ranks of the unfit ??

but I do like the Idea

its just getting it implemented
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

The Romans split their empire...there should be a good reason to do it, some sort of motivation.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

yeah, the romans split because Rome was sacked and the western empire taken over by barbarians.

Comment

That was later.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                              X