No announcement yet.

Info regarding Modding ability in Game Developer Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, and they can make snoring sounds and sound annoyed when you unfortify them (in their nation's language, of course).
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
      Actually, I've said all along this is an issue of great promise. Cyber: Keep trying! You've yet to understand me.

EDIT: Just to flesh this out a little bit, I think Firaxis (as a business) will make a Civ 4 game that appeals to the masses. I, frankly, think that version of Civ will be tedious and predictable. But I don't try to blame Firaxis for that (too much). With these mod abilities, however, the neurotic among us can craft our own version of the game, and that's awesome.

For that ability, I must say, I give Firaxis huge marks.
      And then stancarp & hexagonian can (after several months) make an "Ages of Man" mod. With XML instead of SLIC, etc., etc.

Edit: it's "Ages" (plural), not "Age" (singular).
      And what comes after the ages of MAN, the ages of ...?
      Last edited by Jaybe; August 4, 2005, 17:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
        And then stancarp & hexagonian can (after several months) make an "Age of Man" mod. With XML instead of SLIC, etc., etc.
        I'll probably be knee-deep in Candle'Bre stuff at that time

Keep plugging AOM... after all, its still a few months before civ4 comes out.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

This is good.

SMAC will rise again.

Comment

I'll out myself as an Ages of Man supporter! Indeed, that was the kind of effort and talent I was thinking of when I read the mod possibilities for Civ 4. Hat's off to Dave and Stan.

P.S. Try Ages of Man!
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Cybershy:
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                Yeah, and they can make snoring sounds and sound annoyed when you unfortify them (in their nation's language, of course).
                let me shorten your post for you :

Not originally posted by LordShiva
                Yeah, and they can make snoring sounds (in their nation's language, of course) when you unfortify them.
                The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

This is the Civ to end all Civs.

Civilization will no longer be Firaxis's. It will be ours.
                  be free

Comment

hope so
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

thanks for the link Aussie Lurker
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

This is the Civ to end all Civs.
                        Sssssh! Don't tell The Secret to everyone, or Take2+Firaxis will notice and cut away the moddability.
                        - "sorry, we announced a Civ IV with a great mod feauture, but we aren't ready to deliver it. We are really working hard to give to you the greatest, safer mod feature to enjoy, but we'll finishing when it will be finished, in a new expansion "MTW" (Mod The World) we are about to develop.

"Three Civ version for the Elven-kings under the sky,
                        Seven expansion for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of throne,
                        Nine patches for Mortal Men starved to die,
                        One beta for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                        In the Land of Mordor where the P.R. Preview lie.
                        One Deity level to rule them all, One City Find to find them,
                        One Yin's Cardboard to bring them all and in the darkness eat them
                        In the Land of Mordor where the P.R. Preview lie.

"This is the Master-Civ, the One Civ to rule them all.
                        This is the One Sid's Civ lost many years ago,
                        to the great weakening of its maker's power.
                        Now, fans greatly desires to have it again,
                        - but they must NOT get it"

Oh spirit of John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, please forgive my english words killing your masterpiece.
                        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

Ooh, I like this. I hated having everything stored in the save-game file when making changes in Civ3.
                          Oh god yes, I hated reaching the modern age just to realize I'd mistyped a number

Comment

Originally posted by MxM

let me shorten your post for you :
                            Thanks. But they should only snore when asleep, and then sound annoyed when you unfortify them
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                            X