No announcement yet.

Who's your friend, MP or SP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it when it's only my computer, me and my banana friends...

I never played MP games

Btw,

Originally posted by eris
    I do SP. It is what I bought the game for. I have tried some LAN stuff at home, but my only partners were the kids and they don't find the game as fascinating as I do. [Humoring the parental unit only lasts so long.]

My problem with MP is that I am not a great player. I am probably an interesting strategist, but not a good micromanager. I would need to be able to find players of similar management and skill levels to have a balanced and interesting game. I have looked at the MP forums and have no idea how I would go about finding a medium level game to participate in. Everything seems geared to those who can display the most skill and manipulation at the highest levels possible. I would gladly play MP, and would play until the bitter end if I was losing. But why bother if that bitter end seems practically guaranteed?

So, here's hoping that Civ4 has a slightly more interesting AI, because I have not found out how to find and play with folk on my level.
    Eris,
    Originally said by Rick Blaine
    I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

I'm in your league, I think...
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Am I the only one who play LAN Party? It is great! Nothings beats hearing your "allies" curse at you when you cut off their supply to iron and attack. Plus, in Civ, plays don't have to be equally as good because weaker player can team up on the stronger.

Comment

I´ve never played MP. But a LAN party sounds interesting

I voted SP however...
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

SP. This needs to be great or I'll likely never stay around long enough for MP.

However, if Civ 4 is great, the "MP from the ground up" certainly sounds appealing and earns Firaxis some high marks, at least as far as the marketing can be trusted.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
            I sometimes forget that most Civ players are single player only. However, when you can tell how a single player game will end after 100 turns I have difficulty not just starting a new game.
            Then start another one in two clicks, and change the difficulty if you want. Thats a beauty of SP, don't you think?
            Last edited by MxM; August 1, 2005, 23:26.
            The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
            certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
            -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

MP against obese 12yo kids is no good to me
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I'll be playing SP for most of the time, but will also join the Demogames.

Comment

Working...
                X