Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you play with self-imposed restrictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

used to restrict my strategies, city construction, things like that.

after a while even deity got too easy.

and then there was the OCC games. . . those were always interesting.

that was civ2 though. never played civ3 much.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I'm not good enough to give myself restrictions other than role playing(like being an honourable leader except if I am forced otherwise). But I am a builder, so I tend to not use war other when I must.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yes

Normally I never attack 'friendly' nations (i.e. those that in the past accepted a military alliance with me when I was attacked by a powerful civ)...For some reason I hate being treacherous even in games

Comment

Normally I never attack 'friendly' nations
          yeah . . . but they always just stabbed me in the back anyway. sneaky lieing tricksy zulu bastards. . . .

we hates the zulus. . . we hates them forever!
          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Ah! That reminds me of Civ1! Very fun, very irritating AI!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

ahh, the good old days. . . running everyone under the ground with hordes of cavalry until all asia africa and europe was under my sway. the building ships to go find the restarts in austraila and the americas. . . .

and they all drowned in lakes of blood!

Comment

I usually start games imposing a no-attack, defense only policy on myself, but that tends to flip in the course of the game, becoming attack only, no-defense

Other than that, I now always build my cities 5 squares apart so I can plant a lot of forest in the late game and make my territory resemble a japanese garden... I need much more space then for a decent number of cities, that's where the flipping of the no-attack, defense only policy comes in handy

I think in Civ4 I'll try to make extensive use of the new borders behavior and 3D engine to make my territory REAL pretty. I just hope I'll be able to throw the skulls of my enemies in a volcano or dump them in the sea like in Civ3, it's just so messy when they are lying around like that...
                "Give me a soft, green mushroom and I'll rule the world!" - TheArgh
                "No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." - Murphy's law
                Anthéa, 5800 pixel wide extravaganza (french)

Comment

Timur rulz
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Timur like in Timur Lenk? Mass murder, exterminations of whole cities, and in the end an empire which falls together soon after your death?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

Mass murder, exterminations of whole cities, and in the end an empire which falls together soon after your death?

I met a traveler from an antique land
                      Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
                      Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
                      Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
                      And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
                      Tell that its sculptor well those passions read,
                      Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
                      The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed,
                      And on the pedestal these words appear:
                      "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
                      Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
                      Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
                      Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
                      The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Still, at least Timur left us Samarkand and Bokhara and the observatory of Ulugh Begh.

The historic town of Samarkand is a crossroad and melting pot of the world's cultures. Founded in the 7th century B.C. as ancient Afrasiab, Samarkand had its most significant development in the Timurid period from ...

Pity about Delhi, Damascus, Baghdad, Armenia, Georgia, et cetera....
                      Attached Files
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

hahaha no way! it was hard enuf to play versus king and emperor comps with them cheating as all f%&#, i think i have every right to use "unfair" units etc in the game

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo

yeah . . . but they always just stabbed me in the back anyway. sneaky lieing tricksy zulu bastards. . . .

we hates the zulus. . . we hates them forever!
                          Yes you are right I should made an exceptions for the zulus (In my last game they suddenly attacked and I never knew why, even via earlier save game I start bribing them they still attack...they must have some 'madness attribute'

Comment

Pity about Delhi, Damascus, Baghdad, Armenia, Georgia, et cetera....
                            thats what happens when someone murders a mongolian supported trade cavern and mongolian ambassadors.

they should have thought about that before they pissed the khan of khans off.

Comment

In civ3 I very rarely play with unique units. In my opinion the UU cotradict to the fundamental priciples of civ. There should be no UU in a game spanning 6k years.
                              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo

thats what happens when someone murders a mongolian supported trade cavern and mongolian ambassadors.

they should have thought about that before they pissed the khan of khans off.
                                exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X