Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I get Civ4, the first thing I'll do is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First thing I'm gunna do when I get Civ4 is to log onto Apolyton and download the movie of Yin eating his copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
      First thing I'm gunna do when I get Civ4 is to log onto Apolyton and download the movie of Yin eating his copy.
      So shall I my friend, so shall I.

Comment

After having installed the game I'll start a SP game to check out the new stuff

Civilopedia
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
          Even so, you can't base a review on only a few games.
          Lord, most of magazine and internet site reviews are written on thinner base, AFAIK. From only a few turns to a couple of full games is sadly common, added to a rework of marketing statements. Heck, quite often the reviewer keep mentioning feature not published in gold version of the game or seems unaware of serius bugs only because they show at late game.

A honest review must be done on a clear description of game test setup, as Yin already explained.

If Yin will say he didn't tested the MP part of the game, he can still rate the SP and we'll know his rating is not about the game in full. Fair enough, IMO.

Reviewers are not gods, shouting rating from heavens for any weak mind of gamers' believers, but more advisors we are free to ignore or wholehearty thanks.
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Cry, because my PC won't be able play it.
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Unpack the .rar file it came in, and burn the .iso to a CD-R.

...What?
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

techie stuff
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by ShaboobalaKhan
                  Open game, install, ignore family, grow smelly over time, braid myu beard between turns, have big fight about not spending time with family and being smelly, capitulate like a coward, only play when wife is away or sleeping.

Been there, done that.

But now I don't have a wife to distract me.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                    Unpack the .rar file it came in, and burn the .iso to a CD-R.

...What?

Why waste time burning, it's faster/easier to install from the HD
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Read the civilopedia .
                      Greetz, Ramses

Comment

Believe it or not, I will start tutorial, if there is one. For whatever reasons I like going through the tutorial first, even if I more or less understand the dynamics of the game.
                        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                        certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

I absolutely despized the tutorial of Civ3.

it was my first civ game, and if it wasnt a stuborn second try WITHOUT the stupid tips turned on, i woulda never fell in love, I bet.
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Yes, the tutorial in Civ3 was absolutely awful.

But since Civ4 is aimed to conquer the "masses", I think they'll make a much better tutorial this time.
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus66
                              First thing I would do is download a hacked no-cd exe so I don't have to worry about putting the disk in every time I play in the future...
                              post that in a thread somewhere..PLEAASSEEE

I want to PBEM and not discover the good/bad for a long long time

Yin's idea is not bad either, never done that
                              Just might try it, except the review part
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
                                Lord, most of magazine and internet site reviews are written on thinner base, AFAIK. From only a few turns to a couple of full games is sadly common, added to a rework of marketing statements. Heck, quite often the reviewer keep mentioning feature not published in gold version of the game or seems unaware of serius bugs only because they show at late game.
                                This is exactly why I don't trust game reviews.

Comment

Working...
                                X