Commercial
    Industrious
    Expansionistic
    Militaristic
    Religious
    Scientific
    Agricultural
    Seafaring

Does anyone know what specific abilities there will be in Civ IV?

Another question, will the demographics screen still be in Civ IV?.

Thank you very much.
    «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

In CivIV, civ traits are replaced by leader personality traits. Philosophic is the one I recall offhand, but there's also an aggressive one, no doubt a science-related one, and so on.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Aggressive, Creative, Organized and Philosophical are four I can remember right now, I am sure there were others. Aggressive is pretty straightforward, we can easily guess what it does, but for the others, we don't really know anything.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I'll wager a guess that Creative will help culture-wise. One'd expect Organized to help with corruption, but since corruption got the shaft, maybe it reduces maintenance costs or something?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          Aggressive, Creative, Organized and Philosophical are four I can remember right now, I am sure there were others. Aggressive is pretty straightforward, we can easily guess what it does, but for the others, we don't really know anything.

Spiritual and Expansive.
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

So, in alphabetical order (just to be organized ):

Aggressive
            Creative
            Expansive
            Organized
            Philosophical
            Spiritual

Only six, so far?
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
              I'll wager a guess that Creative will help culture-wise.
              Creative races in MOO2/MOO3 were good researchers. I'd wager scientific.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I wonder what "organized" could be...
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                  So, in alphabetical order (just to be organized ):

Aggressive
                  Creative
                  Expansive
                  Organized
                  Philosophical
                  Spiritual

Only six, so far?
                  Mmm, only six.

So, in Civ IV the personality of the leader determines the civ traits, just like previous Civ I and II

So, we can nearly state that:

Aggressive = Militaristic.
                  Creative = Scientific.
                  Expansive = Expansionistic
                  Organized = Industrious / Commercial / Agricultural
                  Philosophical = ¿?
                  Spiritual = Religious

What does philosophical implies???

Perhaps we are returning to Civ II in fact, in Civ II there were 9 traits in 3 groups:

Attack: Rational / Neutral / Aggressive
                  Expand: Perfectionist / Normal / Expansionist
                  Civilize: Militaristic / Normal / Civilized

Erasing the neutrals we have nearly the six Civ IV traits (with a spare warmonger trait).
                  «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

I'm rather hoping that Agr doesn't return in recognizable form ...

Comment

Working...
                    X