City Clusters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Clusters!

Well, right now i'm playing c-evo, a nice CIV II kinda-clone (has very nice added features such as close borders and unit research) and i saw that in a little space the AI build a lot of cities, overlapping a bunch of squares.

This made me remember CIVIII where the AI did it to some extent, overlapping 2 or even 3 squares and this made me sick because i love to found cities with no overlapping and i'd really like the AI to do the same.

So, Soren or whoever is there with knowledge of the upcoming SDK,

Will I be able to customize the AI and tell them "instead of overlapping 2 or 3 tiles, overlap zero!"?

As far i can see in the shots, there are really FEW cities actually.
    Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Re: City Clusters!

Originally posted by GAZ082
    Well, right now i'm playing c-evo, a nice CIV II kinda-clone...
    Salve, hermano...

http://www.c-evo.org/

Interesting. All cheats are in.
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Two squares? Three squares?! Outrageous!

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Aye!

mmm, no, wait, dont mock me
        Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

In long games I regularly "fill in" with small cities I never intend to let grow past 8. I use them to feed megacities in the late game.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Urban depopulation in modern times?
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Re: No need for City Clusters!

Originally posted by GAZ082

Will I be able to customize the AI and tell them "instead of overlapping 2 or 3 tiles, overlap zero!"?

As far i can see in the shots, there are really FEW cities actually.
              In Civ3 it does not make much sense to have zero overlaping until very late in the game. Early in the game max population = 12, and there are 8 squares available for a cultureless city. Therefore, you may well overlap 8 squares of your city without any harm for first 4-5 thousand years. Only in modern age you get the cost, as you need to build more improvements. In early game you get following bonuses from overlaping

1) Faster pop growth, as you do not need to travel far, and found your towns quicker;

2) Faster pop growth, because you do not need temples. Towns are close, and cover all available terrain, including special resources;

3) Easier to defend your civ against early invaders

4) No need for temples (unless you are Babs going for culture victory) until later in the game.

And fast start means earlier victory. Late stages costs are not as important.

Yaroslav

Comment

Megapolises

I'd be glad to have Megapolises later in the game (one city having radius 4 instead of three, as it is now). Megapolis will be able to perform "extended" fishing in the sea, and to include lands from neighbouring towns.

This will mean that in the early age I will build towns close to one another, and in later game some of them will either never be fully developed, or will be disbanded, and their citisens will join megapolises.

This also means, that culture be a bit les important, but it should be so. Culture should impact corruptions and civil wars, not your borders. Mongols had poor culture, but quite decent borders in history.

This brings in one more requirement:

Town should be disbandable, like in Civ 2, not like in Civ 3.

Comment

Working...
                X