impressive and the lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impressive and the lists

From what I heard so far, I think Civ4 or CIV, could easily be the top and best game of the series. I like a lot of the ideas that they put into and I like how they are around with their fans.
    I am not too much of a fan of the graphics, but well, this was never of great importance to the game.
    So anyway, from what I know about the game, I am looking forward to play it

Anyway though, about the fan sumbitted lists, could it be that a lot of the things they put into Civ4 came from the list of suggestions for Civ3? And will maybe Civ5 contain the suggestions from the Civ4 ideas? Because somehow I feel that the actual list was submitted at a time (January 2005) where Firaxis probably has decided on all the major features already.

I don't have so much time, but it would be interesting to see how much ideas from the civ3 list made it into what we know about civ4 so far and how much from the civ4 list.

Or maybe my impression is totally wrong though...

Atahualpa:

And will maybe Civ5 contain the suggestions from the Civ4 ideas?
    Hopefully several of the really good ideas that are compatible with the format of Civ 4 and were not initially included (because of time constraints) will be subsequently included in either a series of patches or (more likely) as an expansion pack.

As Civ 4 is so "moddable", it should surely keep the community going for a long time. Perhaps it is too early to even think of Civ 5 .... as a point of interest, I wonder what major features are currently missing from Civ 4 that could not be subsequently included.

Comment

Of course we can speculate about this, but in the end there will _always_ be something that you cannot do. Like for example an even better combat model, because we may discover some shortcomings in this one. Or two kinds of map, one strategic and one tactic like in Rome: Total War. I don't think this all will be modable. The perfect civ game is an utopia.

Comment

Atahualpa:

The perfect civ game is an utopia.
        Indeed .... but imho they are coming ever closer.

Comment

Looks like, yes...

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
            Of course we can speculate about this, but in the end there will _always_ be something that you cannot do. Like for example an even better combat model, because we may discover some shortcomings in this one.
            Would be interesting to see if these types of things ARE possible. S'pose we'll know when the game comes out eh?

Dale

Comment

Oh Dale .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The SDK should make alot of wishes come true.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                X