Gamespot Developer interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remind me, what's SDK mean?
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Software Developer Kit.

Practically, for different games, it can mean anything from the almost full source code, excluding of course engine and such (Half-Life, Doom 3) to an application or a set of applications for editing the game (Morrowind with the construction set, UT games with UnrealEd).

At E3, Soren said that the Civ4 SDK is the "game and AI code", which likely means that it contains some/many C++ files that have the core game logic and the AI, consequently allowing some/complete changing of the game.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
        X