Borders in CivIV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borders in CivIV

Those of you familiar with smac know that a factions borders were inviolate by another faction without starting a war. In CivIII a faction could start another city anywhere, even within a area that in smac would be considered a violation of another's factions borders. Does anyone know how borders will be treated in CivIV? I stopped playing CivIII because of this issue.

From what I hear so far borders will be better respected.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I would certainly like to see entry into someone's territory be tantamount to a declaration of war.

In the early days of an MP game it annoyed me that you had to attack any lone warrior encroacher, and that they benefited from war happiness because they were attacked..
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
        I would certainly like to see entry into someone's territory be tantamount to a declaration of war
        Already been done

Comment

Yeah, the number of times the AI just sends it's hordes of settlers over your borders regardless of treaty status...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
            Already been done
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

You mean its defiitely in Civ4, or that its been in other games?
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Already implemented in cIV, as sources go.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

That's an excelent improvement.

When an AI twenty+tiles away has three settler unit pairs within my boundaries in Civ III, I find the temperation to declare war just to get six free slaves ilrestistable. [This happens a lot in the Middle Ages conquest playing the Germans]
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

This is going to have a serious effect on REX. Now, instead of filling out territory as fast as possible, it might be better in C4 to push towards foreign nations as fast as possible. In other words, you can leave an undeveloped hinterland, at least until the discovering of seafaring.
                    Esquire

Comment

Originally posted by TomVeil
                      This is going to have a serious effect on REX. Now, instead of filling out territory as fast as possible, it might be better in C4 to push towards foreign nations as fast as possible. In other words, you can leave an undeveloped hinterland, at least until the discovering of seafaring.
                      Only to watch your overstretched empire being cut to pieces by more coherent neighbours.
                      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44

Only to watch your overstretched empire being cut to pieces by more coherent neighbours.
                        indeed
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                        X