X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooh, the plot thickens.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I'm glad Firaxis is adding the atmosphere back into Civ. I missed the wonder movies in Civ3 (the SMAC ones were fabulous and I watched them every time). One of my biggest problems with Civ3, aside from the uber expansive AI, was the lack of soul I felt from the game.

I can't wait to hear the orchestral music. Any plans to have voice actors read quotes after you do some research, like you had with SMAC (how cool was it when Yang would say one of his quotes!)
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm glad that Saladin is the leader of the arabs, I rather play against big leaders then political correct leaders. I hope that Stalin shall also be one of the Russian leaders, he was my favorite leader in civ1.

It is great that they are adding leader based music. If Stalin is in would I suggest to give Stalin a very aggresive verssion of the USSR national song, I loved that one in civ1

It is also important that the personality of leaders should really differ: Saladin should be very friendly towards nations with the same religion but very unforgiving towards other nations.

Stalin on the other hand should be extremely aggresive and expansionistic, especially agaisnt leaders with other economic policies.

The mongols should instandly declare war on quite every civilization they meet and try to burn all there cities to the ground(or at least the big cities and those with wonders) while building nothing else then military buildings and cavalry, so that they can really be the quite unstoppable disease that destroys every civilization in it's path like in real history. And Ghandi should hug everyone he meets while never being the one who attacks first

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          I can't wait to hear the orchestral music. Any plans to have voice actors read quotes after you do some research, like you had with SMAC (how cool was it when Yang would say one of his quotes!)
          Yang and Zakharov . Those two guys alone were excellent, great quotes. SMAC was amazing for atmosphere. I don't think another strategy game can top that.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

So true.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Morgan was the most convincing quote speaker, IMO.

I may not approve with the content of his quotes, but he brought them well.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I agree totally with Imran--in many respects (but not all), Civ3 is a superior strategy game when compared to SMAC.

But the reason I play SMAC much more than Civ3 is that there IS NO SOUL.

And the reason I am so excited and optimistic about Civ4 is that is sounds like they are bringing it back. Firaxis.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I can somewhat forgive Civ3, though, because they had massive turnover in the middle of the project. But this time, it looks as though they realize that it can't just be strategy (and even then it looks as though they've done some great things with borders... so annoying that was in Civ3 when they'd find the one spot in the middle of your Empire that wasn't covered and plop down an unsustainable city), but an experience.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                  X