A few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that they may

although surely researching this matter could not be that hard afterall their are a few books on the subject
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

watch the missionaries beat tanks
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
        This religion thing is getting ridiculous!

- You complain that religion is too individually identified (by using real-world religious names) and want some generic transparency in religion so no one religion is more powerful or individually identified from another.
        - You then complain about the generic transparency (generic names for missionarys, generic names for monastarys, etc) and want some individualism in the religions.

MAKE UP YA BLOODY MINDS! You can't have it both ways.
        Generalizing are we? Unless you know specifically that The Templar has done both the former and the latter...
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Religion is ALWAYS sensitive topic. Involve religion in ANY discussion, some fire is bound to go ablaze.

Once the Crusaders had breached the outer walls and entered the city almost every inhabitant of Jerusalem was killed over the course of that afternoon, evening and next morning. Muslims, Jews, and even any remaining Christians were all massacred with indiscriminate violence.

Anyone read that? Man, those Christians could sure be violent.

===

Yes, I'm trying to start a bit of fire here.
          http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

Why is France a Civ.?

Comment

its a game people .... a game ....
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
              its a game people .... a game ....
              The "game" is not the issue here. It's about the "superiority" of Christian religions over Islamic ones (or anyone else for that matter).

- You complain that religion is too individually identified (by using real-world religious names) and want some generic transparency in religion so no one religion is more powerful or individually identified from another.
              A generalized naming system COULD be better - in order to prevent the alienation of real world religions.

I'm sure the "religions" of Native Americans were considered at all. Oh, how it would be interesting to have some Aztec sacrificial temples.

Why is France a Civ.?

Comment

Originally posted by KyuuA4

The "game" is not the issue here. It's about the "superiority" of Christian religions over Islamic ones (or anyone else for that matter).
                be careful of trolling ...............
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Dale

- You then complain about the generic transparency (generic names for missionarys, generic names for monastarys, etc) and want some individualism in the religions.

MAKE UP YA BLOODY MINDS! You can't have it both ways.
                  These are complaints made by two different sets of people. I, for one, have no problem with religions being individually identified, or for temples and other religious buildings having religion-specific names. The problem comes when you try to give bonuses and penalties to each religion.

Other people will likely disagree with me.

So, sorry, collectively we can't make up our bloody minds.
                  "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

The problem comes when you try to give bonuses and penalties to each religion.
                    And let us look forward to future flame wars involving this topic.

Why is France a Civ.?

Comment

who let the oaties out?!!
                      d'uh, d'uh d'uh doo

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                      watch the missionaries beat tanks
                      mssr modo will not be pleased!!

Originally posted by KyuuA4Once the Crusaders had breached the outer walls and entered the city almost every inhabitant of Jerusalem was killed over the course of that afternoon, evening and next morning. Muslims, Jews, and even any remaining Christians were all massacred with indiscriminate violence.
                      orlando bloom will not be pleased.
                      I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

There are no bonuses and penalties specific to religions.

Comment

oooooooooh . . . . .

a political correctness thread
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: A few questions

Originally posted by Vince278
                            You're referring to the Christian one in Constantinople?
                            *lebensraum reaches for a trench-periscope to stare out through the lines of barbed wire; decides "hey, this ersatz coffee ain't so bad after all."
                            I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by lebensraum
                              orlando bloom will not be pleased.
                              The Jerusalem massacre was during the First Crusade. Orlando Bloom's movie was about the Third. More than a hundred years seperate the two. The Third was no picnic either, Richard I of England killed tens of thousands at the siege of Acre.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

On the question of Islamic temples vs cathedrals vs monasteries, one could consider a community mosque to be an Islamic temple, vs the great mosques in Mecca and Medina being Islamic cathedrals (though I would argue that these mosques are far more impressive that Notre Dame or Westminister). Islamic monasteries are a bit harder to qualify, but that may simply be because of my lack of familiarity with the Sufi branch of Islam, which has an ascetic meditative foundation. Sufis must have their own mosques which would be more monastic, although Islam not having a centralized clergy structure makes monasteries almost certainly non-existent as opposed to something like the Franciscan order in Catholicism which is a monastic sect.

Comment

Working...
                                X