I'd like to see movies for all types of victories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to see movies for all types of victories

I mean, in Civ3 we only got the Conquest and the Spaceship victory movies. I'd like to see a movie for all types of victories, including cultural and diplomatic. Since wonder movies are back, I'd think that Firaxis would change Civ3's "no movies" policy and would add the victory movies too.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

BTW, I wanna see marching troops when I conquer a city.
    Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

How about massive funeral pyres?
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ082
        Civ1 style.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

That could be taken two ways:

1. Like the victorious allies marching through Paris after liberating it from the Germans.
          2. Or the usual rape, pillage, and plunder like the Vikings, Huns, etc.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Not if done like in Civ1.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I loved the CIV1 victory animation - And the fact it chagned with the ages!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

1. Like the victorious allies marching through Paris after liberating it from the Germans.
                Or the victorious Vikings plundering the allies!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Victorious allies video if you take back a city that was previously yours, pillage and plunder video if you destroy the city, troops marching in if you just capture the city.

Comment

CIV 1 style, of course. And the cute settlers settling down and forming a new city would be nice too ^_^
                    Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

Civ1 conquering cities. Bring it back.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Then Firaxis know what to do.

Comment

Yup, in glorious 256 colour 640x480 VGA too!
                          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

With the new scripting tools, I'm sure we can do that too. Imagine a Civ4 version Civ1.

Comment

Don't forget the band of peasants rioting in the streets that was also in CIV1.
                              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
                              X