• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Wars?

Will that be possible?
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

Why is France a Civ.?

One of my favorite topics. It doesn't look likely.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Bah! The most tragic, interesting events of human history have always been civil wars. I do not see the difficulty of including them seamlessly into the game.
      Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

I'd like to see it tied into corruption and/or unhappiness rather than the loss of a capital. (and perhaps modified by your government type)
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

That or random event. Perhaps they could involve the other of the two leaders that you did not choose?
          Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

DEFINITELY NOT a random event. The chance of a civil war occuring should definitely be tied to things like empire size, health and happiness-as well as such things as Civics and Religion. Culture, foreign nationals and war weariness should also tie into the chance of Civil War-as well as losing your capital (though NEVER the latter by itself!)
            One point though, is that it should be MUCH easier to manage the happiness and health of your empire AT the empire level-so that trying to minimize or prevent a civil war does not become an exercise in Micromanagement-but more of an intriguing 'Strategic Level' exercise !

Yours,
            Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Originally posted by DerSchwarzfalke
              That or random event. Perhaps they could involve the other of the two leaders that you did not choose?
              It would be a good use for that second leader head.

Comment

Y'know the funny thing... anyone remember in Civ. 2 - they did try to implement Civil War - where a Civ would end up splitting in two.
                http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

Why is France a Civ.?

Comment

we already have a thread on this, use the search function

Comment

True. This subject does come up alot.

Comment

It's one of a dozen or so that the Settlers start threads on all the time.

Comment

Indeed, this was discussed just a few days ago. It just dropped to page 2 yesterday or so. You're more than welcome to continue this discussion, but please do so in the old thread (see Kuci's post for the link).
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                        X