Music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music!

Its all very cool where CIV IV is going, I particularly like the Religion and the WYSIWYG aspects.....

However, the atmosphere relies heavily on music and as I sit here listening to Vangelis' Odyssey, I can't help wondering how cool it would be if Firaxis used Vangelis to compose the CIV music.

The man is a master - Conquest of Paradise, Celtic Dawn, The Tao of Love etc etc.

He has this wonderful ability to create music that ties into an situation....music for 6000 years!

I suppose the budget would constrain this sort of thing...but imagine Vangelis doing a take on Hammurabi's theme?

Thoughts?
    Ur
    The Chaldean
    Wellington, NZ

Themed music is all well and good, but I found the music annoying and repetative in civ3. After a while, I just turned it off.
    I prefer to listen to something alot heavier than classical music whilst wiping out nations with the push of a button.
    Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

If the game has MP3 support, I will install my own music.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sounds good. Then I don't have to keep getting up to change the CD when it finishes.

I can feel my arse growing in anticipation.
        If only there was some way to not move at all, must move computer nearer to both the toilet and the fridge.
        Computer AND fridge in the bathroom!!!!!
        I am a genius.
        Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

There's only one thing that can kill a game and that is if there's no option to turn off music
          If I just installed a new game, but I don't find any option to turn off music within the first few minutes I'm going to uninstall the game ASAP...
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
            If the game has MP3 support, I will install my own music.

Amen from this corner

two,

two thumbs up, because that's all I have
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I haven t played CTP in years and years but I still remember how good the music was. (At least at the time.) And I will always remember the music and aural ambience of Homeworld. That's the impact good music can have, though it's very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Atkinson I am a genius.
                och,..
                I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

No music please. If you play an epic game, or more than once, it adds nothing. Turn on a radio.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

yeah...
                    how about Dr. Demento !!
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I'd be trying to nuke an irritating d.j. , or assemble an invasion force to take out an annoying radio station.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I'll second that nuke/invasion motion!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

If I just installed a new game, but I don't find any option to turn off music within the first few minutes I'm going to uninstall the game ASAP...
                          Usually you can just go to the "Music" or "sounds" folder and either delete all the files within or replace them with identically named your favourite hits.

I listen to music of SMACX time by time - it's something really takes you in the game atmoophere.

But even then I'd like to switch it off and run iTunes in background if Im in inappropriate mood or have just found something good to listen.
                          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Most computers are so powerful, and it has become so easy to set up your own personal playlists, that I have no concern about whatever music ships with any game.
                            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I loved the repetive music in CTP, CTP2, CIV2, and CIV3. I can't wait to hear what music is placed into CIV4.

For me the repitive music has a soothing affect that aids in the "just one more turn" feeling.
                              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
                              X