Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion

Hi all,

I'd like Religion to be a concept/fact defined by the actions of your people, from Stonehenge to new age, which eventually solidifies around the 10thC AD (as I'd like the game to not rush to the Ironclad, but spend longer in the earlier periods).

Mind you, I think that depth of programme is 2-ish years away?
    No Religion
    0.00%
    Yes Religion, but defined by the people over time.
    62.50%
    Religion should be fixed, based on your race or location.
    12.50%
    All Religions are herectical unless its' mine."
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Toby Rowe; May 12, 2005, 02:58.

The possibilities of answer that you propose in your poll are uncomplete, diminishing the poll's scope. So I chose the stance which si the truest to myself: MY religion
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

no in your poll -- which I would have selected as I'm a bit unsure about this religion thing in cIV.
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

The three modern Religions fail to provide succour to the average person.

So starting in 4.000BC, you are without religion, by 0 BC/AD your attitude determines the type of religion you will have.

At the moment I read about Muslim nuts and Christian nuts- niether of which makes me want to go to my local Church, that annoys me.

Spirituality got forgotten during the Inquisitions, and blind obedience was a result for a long time, now we ignore them, that's wrong also as they have learn't from this murder of innocents they put all of us through. (I assume)

In Civ 4, start without religion, between 4000BC upto 0 BC/AD your actions define the religion (even aithiests know we must have one), simply as history makes it so.

I know I'll never be aithiest, but by the gods I sometimes feel like one, region has a lot to answer to, Spirituality (true feelings) doesn't, ever.

Toby

Comment

Religion doesn't add anything that culture doesn't do.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I mean something that I don't like is the apparent lack of "abstraction" of the two last iterations of the game.

Fixing anything that should be a result of gameplay sounds like a cheap way to give newbies a certain sense of reference (i.e, named religions, fixed leader traits, civilization traits).
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
            X