Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One can now start in a particular era.
    Beautiful graphics.
    The chances of these screens to remain here long.

But I have them on disc, so just give me a hint, and I can send to you as in the other thread.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Is that a trade caravan I see? 31 resources?

/me has nightmares involving AC supply crawlers.

Comment

I feel an uneasiness over these graphics, feels a little "campee" to me
        "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
        I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
        --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

This is like christmas!
          Thanks curtsibling! I'll see if I can pickup the magazine overhere in Holland!
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Anyone notice in the "Do not adjust your set" pic that at the bottom-left a group of LIONS have a barbarian FLAG!!! Does that mean the environment is hostile too now? Cool.

Also, in "rich and verdant land" if you ask me it definitely looks like the Maya pyramids. Maybe a wonder? I couldn't believe that improvements will be outside city boundaries.

Comment

Re: the lions: Probably just some Firaxis guy who has fun with the editor.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Hmmm, seems we still have a square-based system but with full 360-degree view available. The graphics look RTS'ish, which makes me wonder about the gameplay.

We'll just have to wait and see....
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Thanks Curt, I've been trying to get my hands on these!

Civ is looking good!
                  be free

Comment

What's an oryx or ibex? I assume they aren't talking about that shoe in the shot....

I'm warming to these graphics...the functionality of zoom and how the mechanics of flashing to action points carries a lot of weight also.

Will Firaxis address the PBEM community with a "recap" file of the opponents unit moves/battles/etc? It sucks trying to figure out what happened to your nation when you haven't looked at the game in 7 days and you are in a bunch of PBEMs.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I'm surprised nobody noticed this bit on info on the second screenshot:

Within the confines of the game, however, allying yourself to a certain religion will enable you to curry favour with other like-minded peoples. They're not as stupid as you might assume though, and come fully equipped with a tangible memory. As such, suddenly converting to the same religion will not cut the mustard. As one of the dev team succinctly explained: "They'll be like, 'where were you a thousand years ago?'"
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

"The spanking new engine lets you build the same old square coast lines"

It's lines like that which remind me why I never read magazines.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                          If you wish me to to remove them right now, I will.

Say the word.

the word

Seriously, remove those images, they are a copyright infringement.

For those people who still want to see them, all known Civ4 screenshots are available on this site. Until the owner gets sued anyway

Originally posted by Dale
                          Also, in "rich and verdant land" if you ask me it definitely looks like the Maya pyramids. Maybe a wonder? I couldn't believe that improvements will be outside city boundaries.
                          Yes, I can't believe it either, it's outrageous, they're stealing another idea from CtP. Do they have no shame?
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            Yes, I can't believe it either, it's outrageous, they're stealing another idea from CtP. Do they have no shame?
                            Oh, I wouldn't say a CTP2 idea, more like a Ben/me/Hex/etc idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                              What's an oryx or ibex?
                              Antelope.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

Antelope.
                                A fast-forward steak on four legs.
                                Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Working...
                                X