Hot Seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Seat?

I've seen them list that there are going to be great MP options, and they usually mention PBEM but I haven't seen them mention much about Hot Seat... it didn't get canned did it?
    GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

I hope not...

Shark Fin 101
    Red meat isn't bad for you... fuzzy green meat is....

Comment

Me being the only one IRL I know who plays Civilization I wont feel a loss by it

But what if I finally meet someone who wants to play it just to realize they didn't put hot seat in the game
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I also know no one IRL that plays civ...

No matter how I ask my wife - she won't play hot seat with me....
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

For most purposes PBEM is an extension of Hot Seat. Since they have PBEM included, I think that means Hot Seat is in by default. Adding the necessary menus should be no problem, methinks.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I like Hot Seat because I have friends that like Civ, but don't have the game or don't have Internet so we can't play online.
            "We, civilizations, now know that we are mortals...", Paul Valéry

Comment

Even if there is no Hotseat, which I doubt, you could still emulate it with PBEM.

Comment

But it would take longer.
                "We, civilizations, now know that we are mortals...", Paul Valéry

Comment

Isn't hotseat agonizingly slow anyway?
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

They MUST have hotseat included. Some of the greatest games/scenarios I've played in Civ3 were solitaire hotseat games.
                    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

IGNPC: Are you planning to include multiplayer options out of the box? What types of things can we expect from the multiplayer game? We hear there's a cooperative mode? How does that work?

Barry Caudill: You bet! This game was designed to be multiplayer from the ground up and we have been playing MP games for a year and a half already. Players will be able to compete in traditional turn-based or simultaneous move games either on a network or via the Internet. We will be using Gamespy for Internet matchmaking. Other options include Hot Seat, Play by Email, and a persistent turn server we call Pitboss.
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Baller! Thank you Locutus.
                        GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Working...
                        X