Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: A pretty simple feature I would LOVE to see

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg

This would be a really neat feature indeed. But if you´re a real hardcore gamer you print out the map on your printer, put it on the wall and stick pins and flags in it to keep track of coming conquests and strategys

But you'd have to print out a new map every turn to keep it updated, which sort of defeats the purpose (and is a great waste of paper).
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Not really, you could use different colours of pens to mark new borders and conqured/lost territory.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Now that I thought of this, I keep missing the feature in my current game of Civ3. Also nice would be a rearrangement of the turn phase structure. I'm playing a huge Earth map and most of the civs have around 30-40 cities... my memory is so terrible that when, say, an unwelcome ship comes traipsing into my territory, I'll say "I have to do something about that after the build phase." Unfortunately, by the time the build phase is over, I've forgotten about the ship. Next turn I'll think the same thing. When you have so many cities to manage, it's easy to forget everything else going on.

Comment

People with bad memory shouldn't be playing games like Civ in the first place.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I probably shouldn't be raising children, either... but I've managed to not leave my daughter in a car seat on top of my car, and I still haven't ever lost my capitol city in a game of Civ3. I think I'm doing okay.

Besides, having a crappy memory comes in handy sometimes. Think of all the virtual lives saved when I forget to start a war, or when I keep forgetting to mobilize or change governments to go to war. My simpeople are probably very glad of my forgetfullness. ^_^

-Eric-

Comment

well congratulations on utilizing your bad memory for the good of humanity
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

the good of SIMhumanity
                GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Working...
                X