Terrain production improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrain production improvements

I would like to see mountains get something better since they are usually ore and iron and other natural resource enriched

I am not sure but shouldnt they be much better defensively than say grassland and yet Calvary and tank cruise thru maountains

I would like it to be a bonus to build in Mountains and again couple with another thread where I hoiped for the ability to transfer food between cities would be neat

Just a thought is all

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

In Civ3 the defence bonus for mountains is 200% compared to 10% for grassland and 100% for hills. Plus mountains take 3 movement points compared to 1 for grassland and 2 for hills. Any wheeled units are not allowed to go through mountains, so that means early artillery as the most effected. In the AU mod tanks are considered wheeled units, as well.

So mountains do have quite a bit of a benefit when it comes to defence.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
      In Civ3 the defence bonus for mountains is 200% compared to 10% for grassland and 100% for hills. Plus mountains take 3 movement points compared to 1 for grassland and 2 for hills. Any wheeled units are not allowed to go through mountains, so that means early artillery as the most effected. In the AU mod tanks are considered wheeled units, as well.

So mountains do have quite a bit of a benefit when it comes to defence.
      ok thats great

I am new to CIVIII and was hoping,as previously mentioned to help the disadvantage of the two terrains

mountain cities send production to food "growth cities" and all help one another

Thanks for the reinder on the two attributes

Comment

In Civ3 the defence bonus for mountains is 200% compared to 10% for grassland and 100% for hills.
        I thought it was 100 % for mountains and 50 % for hills?

*fires up Civ 3 to check*
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Yep, that´s right. But even with 100% bonus it´s a formidable defense. Especially if you build a fort on top of the mountain

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
            Yep, that´s right. But even with 100% bonus it´s a formidable defense. Especially if you build a fort on top of the mountain
            Great point

It would be nice since its on a hill/mountain with a fortress that bombarbment ranges were signifigantly increased

Of course it was..just a thought

Comment

Yeah, 100%, my mistake.
              However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Great point

It would be nice since its on a hill/mountain with a fortress that bombarbment ranges were signifigantly increased
                Heh, big ass cannons like in The Guns of Navarone

Comment

Yeah, 100%, my mistake.
                  It´s cool

Comment

Heh, big ass cannons like in The Guns of Navarone
                    Exactly

I could see this as very relistic both extended build times and extended demolishing times (when being attacked) but also excessive damage to wherever it hit

maybe flak option for air even?

Gramps

Comment

Working...
                    X