Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ability to tranfer production from one city to another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to tranfer production from one city to another?

If I rememebr when I first started playing CIVII it was on Playstation.

I seem to remember I would build a caravan and send it from City "A" to City "G" and when it arrived if the city didnt need the particular good I had I could help rush buy a wonder or add this to my city production?

I am not positive but that would be pretty neat say if you could transfer food or whatever from one city to another

For instance if you had a mountain terrain with limited food a caravan carrying food would help offset this shortcoming

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Civ on a playstation? You've gotta be kidding

Yes, they had something like that in Civ2, but I happy that they got rid of the caravan unit... that one was just annoying... though I do like the idea about city A helping city B, but I'd say it should be done from some option in the city screen (or something), not from units...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
      Civ on a playstation? You've gotta be kidding

Yes, they had something like that in Civ2, but I happy that they got rid of the caravan unit... that one was just annoying... though I do like the idea about city A helping city B, but I'd say it should be done from some option in the city screen (or something), not from units...
      not for several years but it was what got me started first time playing 18 hours straight

Comment

I've actually often thought about this. I think it's a really good idea. CTP had a system where all the food collected was then rationed out so you had less issues with starvation.

I think it's kinda stupid that some areas are uninhabitable just because they have no good food resources, some may be strategic points of interest yet building the city would be an economic drain.
        GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

I would like, on turns when a product is completed, to have excess shields that are normally dropped be rolled over or transferable instead.

For instance, if you only need 5 shields to finish your new factory and you are producing 25 a turn, where do the other 20 go?

Instead, it could prompt you to designate a production-poor city to donate them too, roll them over for whatever is to be built next in that city, or anything really other than flush them.
          "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

In realistic terms how does production get transfered? Production comes from better infastructure or more population. In Civ3 that would mean building a worker or settler in one city and having another city acquire those population points.

I don't like the idea of abstractifying the production system, personally.
            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
              In realistic terms how does production get transfered?
              It can be called mining, harvesting, or making prefabricates - depending on what the company actually does. Many "factories" nowadays only put pieces together, without having to actually make them. This is not abstract, this is standard.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

another way is in my industry...

I am an area manager in the Ready Mix Concrete Industry

when we have a real big production day we "pre-load" or dry load the agregates and 50% of water w/ admixtures the night before so instead of say it taking 8 minutes per truck to load it now takes 3 minutes to load the cement on the mixer now when ya times that X 12 you actually pick up an hour and 10 mintues very critical in both starting jobs on time and efficiency

a big difference between production and efficiency

one could most certainly be a production leader but if the costs are exceeding the profit margin and no return on investment or worse a negative impact then you now start producing a bancruptcy

an efficient facility will have a much better chance of success

another way to look at it would be multitasking

if you ahead of the game and say whatever your facilities can do in a city they can do it with say a 60% waste maybe you then cut the workforce and have them on something else

This was kinda where I was heading

Gramps

Comment

Working...
                X