Make It Fun Not Dumb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make It Fun Not Dumb

Problem solving, Organizing stategies and reliving the complexity of History Is what has always made this game fun. Simplification IS NOT FUN BUT BETRAYAL OF LOYAL FANS WHO WANT MORE IN FAVOUR OF PEOPLE WHO MAY NEVER TAKE ON THE CONCEPT AND I FOR ONE WILL NOT BUY THE GAME JUST BECAUSE OF THE OTHER CIV GAMES
    Last edited by ozmono1914; March 23, 2005, 01:13.
    Strategy Games For Strategy Gamers!

No, you will buy it so that you can come here and gripe about how its sucks. Me too.

Comment

"Betrayal of loyal fans": Did you contracted them so that they make your or my projects? I think that they have their own lives, and thus their own projects. They are not to obey to someone else, neither to do others' bidding. Thus they never were supposed to please anyone.
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Stop screaming, ozmo.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Re: Make It Fun Not Dumb

Originally posted by ozmono1914
          Problem solving, Organizing stategies and reliving the complexity of History Is what has always made this game fun. Simplification IS NOT FUN BUT BETRAYAL OF LOYAL FANS WHO WANT MORE IN FAVOUR OF PEOPLE WHO MAY NEVER TAKE ON THE CONCEPT AND I FOR ONE WILL NOT BUY THE GAME JUST BECAUSE OF THE OTHER CIV GAMES
          Jumping to conclusions is great...
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

As I have stated in the other thread the more moderate replies are the correct ones and I over reacted and am jumping to conclussions.
            However Trifna I believe you are wrong to have the attitude they paid for it so they can do what they want. On the most basic level that is a correct statement but my point was that they are turning there back on there fan base if they simplify the game to appease a mainstream audience. I believe in the long run not only would it be bad for me and anyone who shares my view point but ultimately kill the series as any mainstream newly converted civ players aren't likely to create websites to discuss the games, give feedback, preorder the game and general to help it survive.

Comment

Furthermore Trifna, they are producing this game to make money and if they want people to buy the game they have to serve there needs or in other words the opposite of what you said and do our bidding
              And Techwins I realise that simplification may not be what it sounds like and as someone wrote in another thread it could be just a reduction in micromanagement and I would be happy with this (if it's optional) but I am expressing my concerns never the less.
              I think soren Johnson is scared or convinced that CTP series flopped because of the increase in complexity from the orginal (see powerpoint presentation of his) when in reality it is known by those who have followed the civ series and it's offshoots that it was the AI and maybe also the interface for newbies.
              Last edited by ozmono1914; March 24, 2005, 00:43.

Comment

The needs of the few hardcore fans outweigh the needs of the masses. Indeed.

Comment

It sounds like the it's going to be quite moddable.

I know where I'm gonna look first if it's at all like the other civs
                  1) Navies
                  Make subs cheaper
                  Make crusers & destoyers faster, and weaker - the speed will make them more useful in attacking weaker ships
                  2)Wonders
                  make sure there useful, but not overpowering.

Comment

Whereas I'll get rid of the leaderheads if possible, maybe eliminate civuniqueness... maybe... and create new civs, like separate Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Inuit, California, Texas, Utah, Zurich, Berne, Lancashire, etc. Depending on what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmono1914 And Techwins I realise that simplification may not be what it sounds like and as someone wrote in another thread it could be just a reduction in micromanagement and I would be happy with this (if it's optional) but I am expressing my concerns never the less.
                      I was implying jumping to conclusions about them betraying loyal fans... At least wait till we find out more info and see screenshots before judging.
                      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Working...
                      X