Highly important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly important

I know that this is all just vanilla but my theory is that vanilla is why we pay $39.99 for these toys at all. Without the vanilla all we're doing is math homework.

NEway, in Civ³ (i.e. Civ x Civ x Civ), Albert Einstein is America's first (???) scientific leader. However, if I didn't know better, it seems like Einstein never left Deutschland.

So the question is, should he be an American SGL or a German SGL (not to mention the animated graphic for EVERYONE'S SGLs for all of history...)?

---

Alternate Essay Topic: Why isn't there a Krushchev smilie featuring this guy with a shoe in his hand?
    ... the Germans, since his most important work was done in Deutschland.
    30.43%
    ... the Americans, cuz WE'VE GOT THE BOMB!
    30.43%
    ... the Bananaramans; Einstein was a Banana Republican all along! Everyone knows that.
    39.13%
    "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
    "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
    "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

German SGL, he formulated most of his theories before he escaped Nazi Germany.

Comment

Damn DPs

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
        Damn DPs
        Sure, you just wanted another +1...

actually, I think there shouldn't be scientific leaders in Civ4... or if there are, make it more random. I don't like the idea of just replaying history.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I would say America, because that is where he ended up.

What does 'vanilla' mean? I know what vanilla SMAC or vanilla Civ 3 is, but in this reference do you mean 'flavour'?
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Germany for the same reasons mentioned in the first posting.
            His most important works were finished when he left germany.

But generally I´m more with Sava,
            thinking that the names of the scientific leaders shouldn´t be hardwired to any special civilization.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Banana, and a prize to the thread starter for the least important question of the month...
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Actually, he just made it in time to get a few responses.

Today is Einstein's birthday and this year marks the centenary of the publication of the paper in which he proposed the special theory of relativity.

Comment

American. It was much closer to his political philosphy than Nazi Germany. That certainly corrosponds to the idea of Nationality.

Comment

I voted for the Banana option (the first time I ever did) because Einstein disliked both the German nationalism and McCarthy's fight against "un-American" things under which he had to suffer too. As he said himself (before his theory of relativity was proven right): "If it works, the Germans will say I'm German, and the French will say, I'm a citizen of the world. If it doesn't, the French will say I'm German and the Germans that I'm Jewish."

Comment

realpolitic:
                      1- Einstein's innovative ideas were not on the political field
                      2- Nazism is not inherent to Germany. It's like if you equate Germany's culture as a whole to a movement that stays a number of years until 45
                      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Einstein wrote FDR to build Abombs to use against Germany. IMHO, that's enough antiGerman sentiment to call him American.

Comment

More like a anti-nazi really. But him being regarded as American is totally okay for me.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

of course... Bananaramans

that way no one gets him?

Lets not forget Newton/Kepler/Hawkings
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                            X