Histograph vs. Line graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Histograph vs. Line graph

Im sure this has been covered before but the Histograph looks, and is, awful.

Bring back the line graph!

Also, it should the rankings (on the left hand side of the histograph) should be CURRENT power and not the average power of all previous turns

I thought it was current power in the graphs? I think you are thinking of how the scoring system works.

Anway, yes, I would also like to see all stats that are viewable in the demographics page be accessible in line graph format (i.e. population, mfg, GDP, pollution etc), and to make embassies more useful only have ranking information reviewable once an embassy is set-up.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yes, the civ4 scores screen is probably the most ugly that could be conceived.
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

My biggest request in this department is simple: list the in-game rank as well as the score in the Hall of Fame. I don't want to know how many nominal points I scored but what my relative performance against the competition was.

If the NCAA can do it, so can Firaxis.
        "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
        "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
        "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
          Yes, the civ4 scores screen is probably the most ugly that could be conceived.
          Is this inside info from a beta...?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I love statistics. I would like to see everything, including wars, pacts, trading, production, troop levels, power, culture, etc on a time scale.

One thing I think would be good from the warmonger side is the ability to see the numbers of each type of unit versus time to see them get phased in, phased out, destroyed in wars, built up during road to war, etc.

Also, I think more should be done on the side of overlaying information on the map. For example, I would like to see a view of the territory where it is color coded by production, corruption, pollution, happiness, ethnicity, etc. Also, I would like to be able to select a unit type and have their positions and numbers appear on the map. For example, a tile could have a stack of chips representing the number of units of that type on that tile. This would help balancing forces for defense, forming a plan of attack, and noticing those stray offensive forces that you forgot were hidden away from the front lines. In civ3, once you get past about 10-15 of a unit, locating them on the map on the military advisor screen is hell--you can see the position of exactly one unit at a time. If you have 200+ modern armor, good luck!

This is one area where I think Simcity had great maps. You could see everything--population density, land value, crime, pollution, power, water, etc all as overlays on the map.

Coupled with more powerful unit control mechanisms, I think this could really help to alleviate the micromanagement annoyance and also give the user a better sense of control over the entire civilization, which, after all, is the point of the Civilization game, isn't it?

Comment

What about both of them, so you could choose? Wouldn't bee too difficult, all you have to do is drawing some simple graphics...

Comment

Working...
              X