Inter/National influence: to be spent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inter/National influence: to be spent

GalCiv has influence points. I think it could be pushed further in Civ, bringing one and same model for both the UN (and possibly un-UN international scene) and the population (or whatever groups I need to influence "nationally").

The only difference is that motions or different goals could be pushed with such influence points. Thus, at the same time, I could try to bring a motion against English actions at the UN/international scene, while promoting a negative image of the English on the national level to prepare for war/embargo/else.

In all this, a weaker position on the "national" level could also mean less leverage. On the international level, GalCiv shows the (simple/potentially firaxian) way!

Comments?

PS: I'm not sure how the AI would manage this though, since I don't know AIs too much.
    Last edited by Trifna; March 4, 2005, 16:59.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

It would be interesting, could it be made to somehow fit in with additional notions like land claims, cassus belli etc.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if I understand the concept of influence points well. May someone enlighten me? I haven't played galciv
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

In GalCiv, there is some kind of United Nations called "United Planets". Different propositions are brought there and each race can vote. If you have 20% of the influence, you have 20% of the voting power.

Now, this influence can be gained by having power, by having good diplomacy and so on. And it can be traded. You sell a technology? Well you can ask for a bit of money and 25 influence points for it, instead of only money. You will be able to use this influence in the United Planets.

For an image of the United Planets: http://www.galciv.com/survive/docs/gfx/image014.jpg
        And Galactic Civilizations 2 is in the works, coming out in 2006
        Last edited by Trifna; March 9, 2005, 10:49.
        Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Sounds good. One could use influnce to get allies in a war he otherwise would be unready for, but a protacted or unprovoked war would cost im influnce, and his alliances.

Comment

Working...
          X