Two production queues - Public and Private

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two production queues - Public and Private

I think it would be an interesting idea to have two production queues in each city. One would be the 'public sector' production queue and would build whatever you tell it to build just like a normal queue does now. The other would be the 'private sector' production queue. It would build only civilian projects (no units and no military structures) and this would be chosen by the AI (governor style). There would be a 'control of the economy' slider on a global screen just like there is the tax slider. There, you could choose how much of the economy is government controlled/regulated and how much is in private hands. Depending on the percentage, the given percentage of shields would be assigned to either the private or the public queue. The trick would be, of course, that the private queue is more efficient, but you have no control over what it builds. Every government type (if they are retained instead of a slider policy system) would have a prescribed range (say Communism could have 0%-30% private enterprise).
    Rome rules

I myself would like the notion of a private economy, but don't think just adding a queue would work that well,- you have to remember, who is paying for these private buildings the AI is chugging away with? So besides splitting shields, you have to split trade and gold as well, so what does this do to research? What player would give up a lot of their trade over to the private side if it negatively affects research?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

A slightly different take is that in moo3 they've split a military production queue from a civilian production queue.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

If this is implemented, each form of government should have a minimum & maximum percentage for each.

Comment

I think this idea could work.
          The sons of the prophet were valiant and bold,
          And quite unaccustomed to fear,
          But the bravest of all is the one that I'm told,
          Is named Abdul Abulbul Amir

Comment

Working...
          X