Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote what the music in cIV should be like.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care what the music is. I think the Ancient stuff in CIII is good and always miss it after I get construction. After that I usually turn the music off.
    What would be cool would be a distant echo of the Banana Boat song when coming across tropical fruit resource. ". . .daylight come and me wan' go home . . ."
    "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Oh, yeah, I did forget my traditional... no banana option

Comment

I guess I wouldn't mind too much if there's no music. I like the music of the previous games, but like everyone else I haven't listened to it for a while. But do you really think they'd make the game without music?

Comment

There's no banana option for obvious reasons.

1. There's going to be music for cIV whether you like it or not.
          2. If you don't care about the music, then Firaxis won't be interested in your opinion now will they?

And Modo44, while I agree that AI is probably most important, the AI is done by programmers, music done by the musician, I'm sure there won't be a hindrance on the AI because of the musician. right?
          be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
            And Modo44, while I agree that AI is probably most important, the AI is done by programmers, music done by the musician, I'm sure there won't be a hindrance on the AI because of the musician. right?
            Wrong. You need to pay both the programmers, and the musicians. And the budget doesn't exactly stretch. So, if you get lots of music, you get less good programming. It's a simple trade off. I'd rather have one tune throughout the game, if it pays for a couple more hours of AI-developing.
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Poll has interesting results so far: 60% of voters would like age specific music, and this is the only option which has a clear majority.

Of course, the lines show some strong support too.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Those lines are actually notes on music paper...that's how it will all sound.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I voted for 'cultural', 'age specific', and 'dramatic'. For music intensity (i.e. hard vs. soft) I voted 'all' since the type of music played should depend on the current events (i.e. drama) going on in the game. The music shouldn't be constantly 'hard' or constantly 'soft' throughout the game. For example, heavier music could be played during times of war, and lighter music during peace-time.
                  "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Agreed. Heavy (or at least dark) music whenever u just got conquered/conquered a base, lost/eliminated an enemy.

Comment

yeah, that would be good, but I am guessing it would be hard for Firaxis to identify when a large war is in action and when there isn't a large war.
                      be free

Comment

BTW, this poll really shows how difficult it is to please everyone.
                        be free

Comment

Why can't people listen to their own music? I haven't listened to any in game music since playing the original homeworld.....

Comment

I want Augustus Rises, either old style of a new take.

It is the quintessential Civ song. I missed it from Civ3, and it was the reason I always chose Romans in Civ1.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Whatever stock music is fine...hopefully, it would be easy for people to substitute their own MP3s.

Gran Turismo 2 has some great music when watching the replays!

Whatever is initially programmed would be nice if it followed the tempo of the game - as other posters have stated.
                              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I'm in the lines camp. Because I will probably not bother to turn my speakers back on, and instead listen to my stereo system. Nothing like driving imperialist capitalist dogs to their defeat to the sound of Dvorak being played really, really loudly.
                                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
                                X