Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote what the music in cIV should be like.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote what the music in cIV should be like.

Lets see how this goes.

Make sure you only tick one (or none) in each of the sections (except the last one)

Remember, if you tick "Cultural", "Age specific" and "Heavy" you are actually saying that you want Heavy Cultural Music that is Age dependant (Age Specific means the music changes appropriately for each era you are in).
    Cultural
    13.59%
    Uncultural
    2.17%
    Both
    4.89%
    ------------------------
    3.80%
    Age Specific
    17.39%
    Not Age Specific
    1.09%
    Both
    1.63%
    ------------------------
    3.80%
    Heavy (Like Rock)
    0.54%
    Medium (Like Soft Rock)
    4.89%
    Soft (Gentle, Soothing)
    10.33%
    All
    6.52%
    ------------------------
    3.80%
    Dramatic
    4.89%
    Undramatic
    0.54%
    Both
    13.04%
    ------------------------
    4.35%
    All of the above
    2.72%
    Last edited by FrostyBoy; January 10, 2005, 00:45.
    be free

All it needs is a "kill all music" option, then I'm happy

Winamp
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Who voted for the lines?

Anyway, my vote goes to both Cultural and Uncultural, Age Specific, Soft (I don't like music which could distract me), both Dramatic and Undramatic.

Good poll, Sn00py.

It only lacks a banana option... Unless we consider the lines as the banana option...
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Would recommend unobtrusive ambient stuff. Bit like the original Worms or Fallout, if you can remember their music off-hand.

Either way, a folder where you can put links to your favourite MP3s, in the style of GTA3, would keep most people happy if they hated the default music.
        A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

Both cultural and uncultural, soft, dramatic and non-dramatic. Don't really care if it changes by age. But some faster/more dramatic tracks are a must. Also, have it work fine with another media player in the background if I choose to listen to my music.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, the civ3 music especially in the modern era was atrocious.
            'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
            G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

The C3 music, pretty much, though I agree with diplomat.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                Well, the civ3 music especially in the modern era was atrocious.
                You are surely kidding?!? The music in the modern era was among the best in the whole game.
                /me shrudders by the thought of the older eras' music...
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I want cultural, noncutural, agespecific, nonagespecific, soft, and dramatic music.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                    Who voted for the lines?
                    I did... and I did it because I:

It only lacks a banana option... Unless we consider the lines as the banana option...

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

i voted for the lines... because it was possible to do so.

I have recently revisited ctp1 and ctp2. Some of the music in those games was quite good. It was be nice to have an edit option to pull the music from civ 1,2,3 or ctp1,2 that want for civ4.
                      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Really, I don't care what it is (hard-rock or Kenny G), as long as it is

WELL PRODUCED!

For corporate guidance, the homies working under His Holiness should check in with the designers at PopTop, which has given us not one, not two, but THREE of the best video game soundtracks to date (all strategy, mind you). They did this by ditching the synthesizers and letting, uh, musicians design the music.

Considering how much interest musicians have concerning the fate and quality of midieval music (not to mention others), there should be plenty of hireable talent out there.

My rant.
                        "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
                        "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
                        "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

I think the music will follow the general styles of previous Civ games, fortunately.

Comment

Who voted for the lines?
                            I did. This is a protest, because this poll definately needed a banana option. Some people (like me) turn off game music in favor of own CDs/MP3s, you know.

And please, Sid, don't spend time (=money) on music, when you could be developing a really good AI!
                            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                              All it needs is a "kill all music" option, then I'm happy

Winamp
                              I don't think I've even heard the Civ3 music.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X