This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little things that make a game great

I really liked the quotes in SMAC. They were not necessary to make the game work but they added a lot.

What if civ4 had something like that? Maybe each tech or wonder could have a little paragraph about the role the tech played in history. For example, when you built the Great Pyramids, there could be a little paragraph about who built them, when they were built and their significance.

I know some posters have commented about how civ1 got them interested in learning about history. This type of feature would really add a lot of educational value to civ4.

I know it is not required to make civ4 a good game but it would add a lot. It would be one of those little things that would make you go "wow, the developpers really put that extra effort to make the game even better".
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

That information is already in the civilopedia isn't it? At least in Civ3. You could probably hook that into build notification screen no problem.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

When you build a wonder, just getting bit of information about how this wonder influenced its society could be a little plus... for ambience, immersiveness, for fun factor and many things.
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X