Civilizations identity/natiionality evolution system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilizations identity/natiionality evolution system

In Civilization, civilizations are in one block. I mean you pick the French, you pick the French, and you will continue all the way with them. You may change your governement, your strategies but never your nationality and what you are in substance. You will always have the same center, the same identity, the same power.

I think that a civilization evolves. Even if it is represented in Civilization, because it can't be avoided, I think it is the most interesting and fascinating feature of a civilization that a civilization can become another civilization. Not only, it is the most interesting feature in term of gameplay in Civilization: to see your civilization change and grow.

This is why i would want to see a system in Civilization 4 that allows an evolution of a civilization culture, power, identity. The better would be an evolution in relation with the other civilizations. It could be done through culture, appartenance feeling, revolutions, events, trade, spreading...

The other things i would want to see for a good civilization evolving is technology diversity, with large tech trees, very specific, inventive and optional technologies.

Some other things already influences this civilization evolving and specificities, like military leaders that give a civilization a good military past and present.

For sure, a Civilization game with such specifities would be a revolution: civilizations would be highly customizable and would be very realistic and generally, i think, very "civilizationish".

What do you think of this, do you think like me that it would be a revolution or just a little amelioration with no consequence on the gameplay?

[EDIT] i posted by error, why can't it be deleted?
    Last edited by Naokaukodem; December 25, 2004, 20:04.
Working...
X