Open skies treaty or similar, e.g. intel-sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open skies treaty or similar, e.g. intel-sharing

For Civ4 (or 5), how about a diplomatic agreement option(s) such as an open skies treaty or intelligence sharing? These treaties would do something like allow you to see all of the territory of your treaty partner, and/or everything that he sees (i.e. no longer shrouded in semi-darkness). Open skies might require Satellite tech for one or both civs. Intel sharing might additionally (or only) allow sharing of spy information. OR, there could be a variation of the treaty that allowed mutual visibility at an earlier stage in the game. Maybe even something as simple as an alliance.

Basically, this treaty or treaties would do more than merely give you a snapshot of someone else's territory or world map at a moment in time. It could be as simple as one type of treaty or 2-3 types that are slightly different that are available with increasing technologies. AND/OR, these abilities could be granted through the use of Small Wonder(s), AND/OR they could be unilateral abilities instead of treaties.
    Soli Deo Gloria

This idea will fit very well in a new cIV game, assuming the gameplay details have more granularity. In C3C, intelligence operations are all or nothing.

For example, trading maps....it's all of it, not part of it. Perhaps, I would want to reveal only a part of my empire to a potential ally, not the entire territory map.

I also would hope for a more direct tactical feel of the intelligence operations conducted...but that's another thread.
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Or have subsets options on how map sharing wroks now. I would like the ability of showing the parts of the map you know minus your territory ( especially for MP games ).
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
      X