This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply to an angry Greek

I can't believe you take issue with a historical fact. Nobody denies that the Greeks created a unique culture and had accomplishments. However, claiming that Alexander was Greek is totally false. Why would a Greek totally destroy and humiliate his people? He demolished the Greek cities before he set out for Persia, The argument based on culture is false as well if you consider another contemporary example. Is the United States spreading English culture around the world because they have some historical ties to England? Absolutely not. Greeks should stop being chauvinists... It does not become them.

Ohh, if you also admit that there is no connection between the classical Greeks and modern Greeks (in language or lineage) then your arguments are totally mute. Regards.

1.) Why start a new topic on this?
    2.) Personal insults to the owner of the site is not the way to survive on this forum, or any other for that matter.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

How is this a personal insult to the owner of the site?

I don't see where the 'angry Greek' is given a name

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Check out the other thread.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

one topic, one thread
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
          X