Currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currency

In the civilization information window, where it shows your land area, rankins, etc...
    It would be neat to have a a national dollar value.
    a rating of 50% would mean your money is half as valuable as the richest nation.
    a rating of 100% would mean that you are currently the richest nation.
    This does not mean that if your score is 50%, that you will have to trade twice as much gold to make a deal with the richest empire, it will simply show where you stand among the other civilizations money wise.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I was thinking about different civs having different attitudes toward different currencies. You can have two values for money. The value of your national currency can go up and down. You can trade one currency for another, and it actually makes sense.

Comment

Do you base your money/currency on the gold/silver standards? (eg pre 1913 Fed era), or on Credit/Debt (eg post 1913 Fed era)

Comment

I think the only sensible way to do it would be on the Gold/Silver standard. It would keep things simple. If your nation is more powerful than another nation, your currency is worth more. Or maybe if your income per capita is really high, your currency is worth more. It could depend on many factors really...
        I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Comment

Why make things (more) complicated for no apparent reason?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Damn it alva, because we can!

Comment

Working...
            X