Ideas from the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas from the past

This has been posted as a new thread so that the threadmasters may, in their wisdom, move bits to the appropriate lists.

There a number of good features from old Civs (well, features I or my son like) that have been discarded. But as the programming has been done for these, might it not be easy to include them as options for starting a new game/scenario? I am thinking in particular of the space level.

"Unfun" elements are important because of the discipline it imposes on the player. Pollution, global warming with consequent flooding of low level land, are good ideas (and also serve to remind us of some real-life issues).

But if that is too complicated and goes against "simplify ..." then make it optional.

Civ3 Conquests appears to make modding much easier, but Civ3 lost the ability to get workers to do other things like building canals (changing terrain to coast did that) and bridges (which I never did succeed in doing but which should be possible). I am delighted to hear that easy modding is one of the aims of the developers of Civ4.

And my I add my voice to those who say "don't rush it - get it right first time".
Working...
X