OT: A slowdown in this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: A slowdown in this forum?

Is it me or have things slowed down? Taking a look at Civfanatics, I see a livelier suggestions section. What gives?

Yep, I've been trying to get more activity going. I guess I'm going to have to think of more stuff, like traits for civs that aren't already in Civ3.

Comment

Well, I'd be happy if the threadmasters would just summarize their threads so that I'd have something to work with.

I think we have more than enough ideas now- we just need some people willing to work.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Well I'll be bored with nothing to do here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
          Well, I'd be happy if the threadmasters would just summarize their threads so that I'd have something to work with.

I think we have more than enough ideas now- we just need some people willing to work.
          Yeah, people are slow it seems... But DC, in your last version of the list, you still haven't included my AI list?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Things should perk up as new information is released.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

When I post in a thread one of two things happens:

1: My post is so intelligent that no one feels the need to post anything more on the topic.

2: My post is so stupid that no one feels able to post anything more on the topic.

Sometimes it takes a few counter posts first.

Comment

Same here usually.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I'm sure for me its always the second thing.

Comment

I see you have a good knowledge of yourself?
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Well, it is strange because Civ III supposedly brought an influx of new players into the genre. When Civ III was in preparation, only fans of Civ I and Civ II were "available" for ideas. Now there are many more.

Could it be that people feel that Civ III is so good that it can't be improved much?

Comment

Did you see that? My last post stopped this thread for 10 hours!

Originally posted by VetLegion
                        Could it be that people feel that Civ III is so good that it can't be improved much?
                        It's incredibly awesome, however a lot is wrong with it, HOWEVER fixing anything bad might hurt something good, such as worker micromanagement.

Ha-ha! I said something incredibly smart! Take that, space coyote!

Comment

Yeah, people are slow it seems... But DC, in your last version of the list, you still haven't included my AI list?
                          Don't worry, I have it on my computer- I was waiting until a few more people were done, but I'll update it in the next few minutes.

I would posit that people haven't yet found this section... despite its topping... and that people don't really understand the idea behind a list... or even THE list or think that developers actually listen to Civvers.

Most of the old Civ III List people have retired, become jaded, etc... and a lot of the newbies don't seem to come here
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

i think part of the slow down may be that the list doesn't seem to effect the developers at all. if they posted a few messages i bet people would be more interested. also it's so big and bloated i doubt many people can stand to read it(i know i can't).
                            Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Most of the old Civ III List people have retired

Not only that, I'm sure that many of the proposals of this list are quite similar to the previous one.

Not that I don't appreciate the effort, mind you
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X