No announcement yet.

The List for Civ IV: Here it Is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has updated my three lists, AI, Terrain and Terrain Improvents, and Resources. The first two I have just updated in the word file, since that was the easiest way to do it. The last one I didn't include in there, as I do not know how this linking DC has used, works. So, here it is.
    Attached Files
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

My proposals ,yust consider them

I think that biggest improvement in new civ should be in AI and diplomacy. AI should be increased and Diplomacy should be better organized with much more things to do.

There should be Councils where you will be able to propose some things like banning nuclear weapons or to decide in a conflict, who is an aggressor.

It will be good if you could make terms when you sign alliance. Like when will you involve in conflict or when will alliance be broken.

It should be possible to make borders agreement so it want be possible to "steel" territory by making a city near border.

Commerce should be easier. You put something on market (oil) and you make price (100s per barrel) and who want to buy oil Negotiates with you.

When you make right of passage agreement, that you give him a route, where his troops can move, and that you can let him have just some sum of troops on your territory.

There should be "status meter" of your relationships with others (1-100) .These status points will be representing your relations in past 200 years. So if you have with somebody good relations in last hundred years, he wouldn’t attack you for some small reason. (usa-canada)

I think that it will be good that you need to make Tank, airplane, howitzer... factory to make that kind of WEAPON. So you should protect that town.
      It will be strategic town because these factories will be expensive. Then will precision strikes become very important (Iraq)

Only towns with airport should hold airplanes

It will be good that you need to make oil-pipes from oil-source to the factories to build units.

It will be also good that you can produce your own units (you choose what will you put in them) and that you can then sell them to other civs (like now Americans do)

There should be unit-limit. It will be proportional to population. And when you lead war without many casualties (with guided missiles) people wouldn’t protest against war.

Heavy machinery shouldn’t go over mountains without road. And there should be bridges and canals which will be hard to build so it will be strategic points.

Money should be more important (only in Capitalism ages) and tax system should be harder. So you couldn’t build Highways without any sense. And whit more money you could develop better Units.

It will be good that when you destroy or occupy the town that land stays in your borders and that borders can’t go over big rivers ore big mountains without a bridge or a road so borders will be much more realistic. (Like in Europe, reihn, alps , Pyrenees, donnau...)And there should be action that your unit on enemy territory can occupy that square like in real war.

Also if you cant reach your ally. Because you cant get to him cause your enemy is between you , that you cant trade with him.

And there should be ability to build wall on open territory.(Hadrian and Chinese wall)Only usable against ancient units. In modern ages there should be line (maginot) with mines and fence.

Units should have 1radius square of area where enemy unites cant pass thru like in civ2.
      And your army should be able to defend ally town from inside.

You should be part of one culture, and you will have better relations with countries of same culture.

Comment

It's fine that you want to contribute, but this thread is the wrong place. I'd suggest that you either open a new thread or post in one of the threads made for suggestions.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Thanks nikolai- putting it into the main file was the best way to modify your sections without me agonizing for hours about what was new and what wasn't

Though... I can't open the file for some reason- any chance that you can zip it?

-
          The Resources file looks good!

---
          as for Kolaps, Nikolai's suggestions are correct, this isn't the right place for new ideas
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Weird... It works fione for me. Anyway, here you are.
            Attached Files

Comment

Okay- that works well- thanks!

(Just one more favor- could you perhaps zip up TechWin's diplomacy file in the diplomacy thread? I can't read it either)

I'll be ready with a final version in a few days
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Here you are, but it's made a few months before last usggestion, so I doubt it's the final work.
                Attached Files

Comment

I think It's as final as we're likely to get from TechWins- I'll clean up the loose ends and update it myself, then we'll be done. I should have the final version ready by tommorrow- it's at 130 pages right now... and is looking pretty polished, If I do say so myself
                  -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Thanks again, and just one more request- I was browsing around Trifna's threads and found a document here:

If you, or someone else could please zip that up for me, I'd appreciate it- since I can't even read it as it is now. (You see, the computer I have here doesn't have Microsoft Office on it and open office won't read microsoft office articles on the web- I have to open them en program- That's why I'm having this problem.)
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Here you are.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you yet again

We have about 14 sections of the list uploaded so far.

I added
                        Polls, Diplomacy, User Friendliness, Regional/City Menu, and Cheats yesterday.
                        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Good work, DC. I guess we are more or less finsihed then, I doubt more will be done by the others now, if they haven't done it by now. It's sad that the religion thread wasn't taken over by someone else after Asmodean disappeared, especially since it will be implemented. Maybe include the old ideas from the old list, or at least referer to them? IMHO it was among the best ideas of the old List.

Comment

Just uploaded the list, Nikolai

As for the old religion ideas, I referenced the old list in a link in the Concluding Remarks section.

Many of the sections we had hoped to include were not, sadly, because the threadmasters didn't do their jobs- but what we do have is decent and useful.
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                            X