Should we have Civ2-style manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we have Civ2-style manual?

I remember it... it was a beautiful thing. A quite good manual, interesting, and informative. And thick.

Waddya think?
    Yes!
    50.00%
    No
    14.29%
    It should be made of bananas
    35.71%

Its always nice to have something to read on the train journey back from the shop that you buy the game from. Although these days the internet delivery negates that need.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Nah. Fallout style manual. You can lay it flat. We've been asking for a manual like that since SMAC.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

What exactly was the fallout-style manual?

Comment

Spiral bound.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I'd say yes on priciple and because I like those fat manuals, the trouble is that it will be outdated by the time the game goes gold.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
              Spiral bound.
              Ah,

Comment

Foolish mortals. The days of the bound manuals is through.

All hail the staple!

Comment

write it all on post-its and place them strategically in and around the box. That works.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

And being made of bananas has tied ...
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

No it hasn't

Comment

A written manual would probably be outdated before the game is released, and become even more obsolete when the patches comes rolling in(hopefully). I suggest a well filled manual with info of the game and the background of civ/history and so on, and a little written introductiuon or something along that road.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                          A written manual would probably be outdated before the game is released, and become even more obsolete when the patches comes rolling in...
                          That's so true! So, I suggest a manual consisting of a 3-ring binder with removable pages. That way, we can add/remove pages as each patch comes out!
                          "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Yeah, great idea...
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ingame tutorials and civilopedia do the job

Comment

Working...
                              X