Civpedia in pdf ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civpedia in pdf ?

Something to read while not playing the game?
    So you don't have to have the game disk in to read?

I would say YES
    Yes
    20.00%
    No
    70.00%
    Other
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

I think most people view spamming here as something to do while not playing the game.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

The civpedia is useless crap. The civpedia on pdf would be useless crap on pdf.

If you wanna know about the game, use the frigging editor.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's useless...just that not in terms of reading offline.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I actually would

If this would fly, the next suggestion would be black and white icons, to keep costs of printing down.

Call be evil, I dont play often enough to commit some of the details to memory

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
            I wouldn't say it's useless...just that not in terms of reading offline.
            Well, some of the descriptions are interesting, especially in the Conquests. But otherwise, it's only slightly more useful than the manual.

Comment

PDF Manual, not pedia

What's needed is a PDF manual, not the Civilopedia. I've always liked having a printed manual, but a PDF copy is still needed so that it won't be outdated out of the box and can be easily updated to reflect changes.

Comment

I see no need for the civpedia to be in pdf really. Now, a manual on pdf could be good. The paper ones are always outdated when the game hits the shelve anyway.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I like to print only what I think is important, Never the whole manual.

Comment

The Civilopedia is hardly useless. As examples I often forget what tech allows irrigation anywhere or which one cancels the effect of wonder X. That's not to say it's not useless when the game isn't actually playing.
                    I would most rather html so the game can show the exact same help information easily as you can view out of game and can be published on the web for virtually no space/bandwidth requirement. As a rule, I hate PDF because the adobe is a hog when it comes to resources, and they can’t seem to get the notion that I’d rather just look at the document and not load a hundred widgets to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                      I think most people view spamming here as something to do while not playing the game.
                      I think most people view playing the game as something to do while not spamming here.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

As a rule, I hate PDF because the adobe is a hog when it comes to resources, and they can’t seem to get the notion that I’d rather just look at the document and not load a hundred widgets to go with it.

There is a adobe mod/hack out there, so it loads alot quicker. i just to have but 'lost' it after a reinstall.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

speeding up Adobe Reader

here's a page that details the adobe hack, alva

>> How to use liposuction to repair Adobe Reader 6

Comment

If you want to make it, make it .txt or .html. PDF is good for printing, but for viewing on line it is utter crap.
                            Clash of Civilization team member
                            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Re: speeding up Adobe Reader

Originally posted by Laszlo
                              here's a page that details the adobe hack, alva

>> How to use liposuction to repair Adobe Reader 6
                              Not what I did last time, still works great. Opens 10 times as quickly.

Thanks mate

Comment

Working...
                              X