Metropolis idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metropolis idea

I had an idea involving a METROPOLIS so I hope this may end up being possible!

Just looking is all!

Peace

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I'm not sure about making them one community, but I would like to have the ability to subdivide my empire into provinces, states, territories, regions or whatever you want to call administrative zones. Have a 1 per region allowed improvement for the regional capital that reduces corruption somewhat and work in different advantages for numerous small regions and for a few large ones, and I think it would add some interesting possibilities.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
      I'm not sure about making them one community, but I would like to have the ability to subdivide my empire into provinces, states, territories, regions or whatever you want to call administrative zones. Have a 1 per region allowed improvement for the regional capital that reduces corruption somewhat and work in different advantages for numerous small regions and for a few large ones, and I think it would add some interesting possibilities.
      Yes even that would be a start!

I was also thinking of the Z O C (Zone of Control) I mean for real, not that this game is "Reality" (I mean a little maybe) but say you have 50 cities and a small 4-7 tile area and the ai build there..

I would like it say if maybe, maybe it was possible if your controlled "BLANK" percentage of a territory a civilization couldnt build a city couldnt there...

Not to say if a civilization had 12 cities along a line you coulndt build to their south

JUST NOT within their already developed territory!

Encroachment I tell ya..

aint they ever heard of "Setbacks"....its right thar in the code book!!
      Attached Files

Comment

I think Civ3 already gives plenty of mechanisms by which to keep those AI cities from popping up in the little hole in your territory, one being illustrated nicely by your attachment. Honestly, since I went to a tighter (C-x-x-C) city spacing as the norm, it hasn't been a problem. Besides, I don't want to introduce a system that's going to limit my settler encroachment on land near the AI borders in the early REX phase.

Comment

I think Civ3 already gives plenty of mechanisms by which to keep those AI cities from popping up in the little hole in your territory, one being illustrated nicely by your attachment. Honestly, since I went to a tighter (C-x-x-C) city spacing as the norm, it hasn't been a problem. Besides, I don't want to introduce a system that's going to limit my settler encroachment on land near the AI borders in the early REX phase.
          Looks like what I'll end up doing as well!

Thanks for the input

Just the idea of "Incorporating"..like a city does for tax purposes..
          ETJ

Extra Territorial Jurisdiction!!!

Comment

Why don´t take the city radious system from ctp2, where a city bigger than 20 had (let´s see... 21 plus...)oh, let´s say 30 squares in its radious... That really gave the metropolis aspéc t
            Era de noche, y sin embargo llovía...

Estoy participando en PBEM Los 4 PuNtos, ¡Ponte otra de Grog! y Vive le France!

Comment

Originally posted by Bragelonne
              Why don´t take the city radious system from ctp2, where a city bigger than 20 had (let´s see... 21 plus...)oh, let´s say 30 squares in its radious... That really gave the metropolis aspéc t
              Sure..Id just like it whereas when you have whatever the magic number is, maybe 3-5 cities and turn them into a metroplois and be able to rename it as such..much like a county or province..

Just an idea I would like to see

Grandpa Troll

Comment

I'd like to be able to fire on units that stray across the border without it being an act of war (as if straying in of itself isn't).
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

A country may have regions like this. But how is it when it comes to a civilization? It is not like if you decided how each region will decide to form. Just try to find out who decided that Muslims would be divided between Syria, Iraq, Iran and so on :P
                  Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
                    A country may have regions like this. But how is it when it comes to a civilization? It is not like if you decided how each region will decide to form. Just try to find out who decided that Muslims would be divided between Syria, Iraq, Iran and so on :P
                    Actually

In my civilization world, we have good little Muslims, not Terrorists just nice little fundamentilists that in the end live as co-existers with CHRISTIANS!!

Sappers however "UNABLE TO BUILD" so that we are back to Syria is a country Iraq a country

i mean its not like America is gonna absorb Mexico although we should or maybe even other way around if we keep sending jobs their way!

Ok back to what we were talking about..

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
                      Just try to find out who decided that Muslims would be divided between Syria, Iraq, Iran and so on :P
                      Churchill did, IIRC, and pretty arbitrarily at that.

Comment

Actually, T.E. Lawrence teaches that Muslim people are so different among themselves and since they keep continuosly fighting, there was a NEED to separate Muslim wolrd in different countries such as Syria Iraq etc. Coexistance between them is impossible, apparently; each tribe fights with each other.
                        Era de noche, y sin embargo llovía...

Estoy participando en PBEM Los 4 PuNtos, ¡Ponte otra de Grog! y Vive le France!

Comment

No doubt about that at all, but remember that the lines drawn divvied up some tribes and forced some into coexistence, sometimes doing both to one tribe. The Kurds are a good example... but now we're going OT, so I'll stop there.

Comment

No doubt about that at all, but remember that the lines drawn divvied up some tribes and forced some into coexistence, sometimes doing both to one tribe. The Kurds are a good example... but now we're going OT, so I'll stop there.
                            For those Muslims continuing on your departure has been prempted..

Just stay put and a customer service agent from one of Boeing's Fine lines will be right with you

If you are not making the connection, Please feel free to continue on to your destination..

Again this is your Captain and we welcome any whom are, in fact, not making the connection!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Let's stay on topic, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X