No announcement yet.

Civil Wars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that is possible, playing within a range of great powers as opposed to a set limit.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by fezick31
      Otherwise, I could see civil wars just serving as a way to take powerful civs out of contention (although that would be an interesting strategy if there were ways to influence a civil war in another culture).
      Well, this is what occurs- think of the empires of Alexander or Timur or the Mongol Empire- grew huge and powerful, then collapsed internally. In current civ terms, you get a Mongol Empire situation, and that civ wins, period.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Well, this is what occurs- think of the empires of Alexander or Timur or the Mongol Empire- grew huge and powerful, then collapsed internally. In current civ terms, you get a Mongol Empire situation, and that civ wins, period.
        That is true, but going down that road could have the potential of making the Civ3 corruption model seem like a fond memory. On the other hand, it would really encourage players to work on internal improvements. Either way I doubt the the war-mongering players would enjoy it.

It would be nice to see this implemented in a way that was challenging, but not crippling. Not sure of fthe top of my head how to do that though.
        "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

Originally posted by fezick31

That is true, but going down that road could have the potential of making the Civ3 corruption model seem like a fond memory. On the other hand, it would really encourage players to work on internal improvements. Either way I doubt the the war-mongering players would enjoy it.

It would be nice to see this implemented in a way that was challenging, but not crippling. Not sure of fthe top of my head how to do that though.
          It does make being simply a war monger much more difficult- dominion victory is very possible, but total conquest would be a pain in the but...of course, this is true- if you think about it, complete conquest is by far the most unrealistic way of winning, as no one ever came close to total world conquest.

It would make it the most daunting and impressive mode of victory, thought.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

It does make being simply a war monger much more difficult- dominion victory is very possible, but total conquest would be a pain in the but...of course, this is true- if you think about it, complete conquest is by far the most unrealistic way of winning, as no one ever came close to total world conquest.

It would make it the most daunting and impressive mode of victory, thought.

That it would.
            "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

Working...
            X