Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(fixed) How many Civilizations at max should be in a Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (fixed) How many Civilizations at max should be in a Game?

Here's a new poll, I saw no need to change most of the content of my original thread, so it is the same.

Well, here's poll about how many Civilizations at max should be allowed in a game.

I've also included the idea of "minor civs"* that own only one or two cities that you can come across. Hmm, perhaps if minor civs are still around when someone gets eliminated, they can become a major civ. Afterall, in history there are many examples of previously almost entirely unknown groups coming to power (e.g. the Romans).

I allowed people to choose mutliple options, but please only choose only one of the major and one of the minor. Thanks.

Now, this isn't about the Civ options you can pick from. I assume that if a really high number is allowed for Civs in a game, then they can randomnize enough Civ names and whatnot to fill the gap. (Basically you'd have 2-3 versions of some civs in a game, but they'd go by different names, and have some different naming system for their cities).

-Drachasor

*I think this has been discussed many times, but I don't recall who brought it up. I suppose it is like goodie-hut civs, but more fleshed out.

Edit: Last paragraph added.
    16 Major Civilizations
    7.14%
    32 Major Civilizations
    14.29%
    64 Major Civilizations
    6.35%
    128 Major Civilizations
    2.38%
    As many as I want! (I'm crazy)
    21.43%
    with 4 Minor Civilizations
    0.00%
    with 8 Minor Civilizations
    0.79%
    with 16 Minor Civilizations
    0.79%
    with 32 Minor Civilizations
    8.73%
    with 64 Minor Civilizations
    5.56%
    with 128 Minor Civilizations
    3.17%
    with 256 Minor Civilizations
    3.17%
    with as many Minor Civs as I want!
    19.84%
    No minor civilizations! (I hate the idea of 'em)
    6.35%
    "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

If there are minor civs, then I say 16 mayor and 32 minor as max, though really this would be based on the abilities of the AI.

I think a total of 48 players in the game in more than enough. Obviously, one thing that could be done is have a large list of possible civs and the ability to make all of them mayor and minor at some point in the game.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

no hardcoded limit

Comment

32 majors, with unlimited minors. Eliminated majors would promote a minor to fill the slot. If there can be some sort of demotion mechanism, then 3rd tier major civs could be shunted down the ladder.

What do people here envision as the difference between major and minor civs?

No matter what research should be balanced to reflect the number of nations, so adding nations doesn't make you fly through the tech tree.

Comment

I'd rather just have barbarians be able to capture cities. They'd become a civilization when they reach a few cities, but there won't be any pop up saying they have become one, it's just what you think. So I voted 64 major civilizations with no minor civilizations.

Comment

me like BARBs

No hardcode limit for me, and at least 32 max for truely huge maps or crazy do or die battles on small ones.

Comment

32 major,32 minor with more if at all possible?
              Devout Believer of the Invisible Pink unicorn

Comment

I like the idea of A LOT of civs. My expectations are tempered, however. I hoping for a lot of options.

I'm really hip to the return of the barbs capturing cities ala Civ I and Civ II
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I like the idea of having a lot of civilizations But in my opinion this can only be posible if they find a suitable way of interacting with them. In civ3 diplomacy with 16+ civs is like a nightmare. You have to "contact" each one of them in order to know which kind of deals you could do with them, (if they have civ advances, spare resources, gold...) and this is soooooo long...
                  "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                  "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Good point there, OliverFA. Looks like the current F3 Diplomacy screen is useless already.

I made a C3C mod and played with 31 civs. Although mostly fun, I did resort to keeping notes on my diplomatic relations.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I don't have a problem limiting the number of human player civs to 8 as in Civ3, but I REALLY WANT TO BE ABLE TO FILL OUT AS MANY AI CIVS AS POSSIBLE.

MultiPlayer games would be so much better if in addition to the 2-8 human players you could add AI civs to flesh it out to 16-31 civs.

Comment

I'm all for minor civs, and I think we need more of them than major ones, preferably at least twice as much. I chose 16 major ones and 32 minor, but more is preferable IF the computer can handle it...
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

32 Major and 32 Minor tribes.

I just pray everyday that they decide to put Canada in a Civ as I'm getting tired of having to recreate them with each expansion.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Playing with 32 Civs now take up to 12 to 15 min per turn on my computer (1.6gig 512 meg/ram. You would need a 3gig with 1 gig or more of RAM to play with more than 32 Civs.

Comment

definately need minor cvilizations- don't like the goody hut barb concept that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X